guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Spine Frame
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1100 Sport Carb.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fluff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1100 Sport Carb.
    Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 14:50
Oh, my poor knees… Riding the GSA has made I go all soft and girlie!

Has anyone on here, or know of someone who has, successfully fitted rear-sets to an 1100 Sport carb? If so, which ones?

Its not going to be straight forward (never is) and may need plates to extend the boomerang hangers rearwards which I can do. I could do with 4" or so or will have to resort to double doses of glucosamine!

Fluff

'95 1100 Sport on carbs (from new)
'08 GSA (from new)
'57 plate XR650R (from Wales)
'06 K1200S (from Dubai - oooh!)
Doc. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doc. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 05:26
Are you sure it'll make any difference, in the 'right' direction I mean?
In my experience, Rear-Sets tend to make your Knees bend even more!

Fluff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fluff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 20:21
In my case, Doc, yes it does. If I hook the top of my foot over the pegs on long straights it makes all the difference. Little more lean, little less hip bend, little less knee bend, its ideal for me so rear sets it is.
Simon.

'08 GSA (from new)
Doc. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doc. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 07:02
Ah, I see!
I was going to joke about the old FS1E trick of laying on the Tank, left hand on the Fork Leg, and hooking your Feet over the rear Indicator Stalks . . . 
Wink

You could possibly lower them a little as well, most Rear-Sets tend to sit slightly higher than the original Pegs.
BondEquipe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BondEquipe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 09:57
Can't help on the specifics but I can add that rearsets on my LM2 make it more comfortable. A bit more space in between footrest and cylinder head gives me room to move about.

How about a taller seat?  I've used a gel seat pad before - less for the bum comfort and more for the extra legroom.
Stephen
Black & Gold LM2
+ Other Bikes & Projects!
Fluff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fluff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 14:44
Originally posted by Doc. Doc. wrote:

Ah, I see!
I was going to joke about the old FS1E trick of laying on the Tank, left hand on the Fork Leg, and hooking your Feet over the rear Indicator Stalks . . . 
Wink

You could possibly lower them a little as well, most Rear-Sets tend to sit slightly higher than the original Pegs.
s

Well now, that's a trick I didn't think would see the light of day again!
My Bruv had one, a Yellow DX. I seem to remember him pulling the same manoeuvre down the hill between Penn and Hazlemere.

I was much more sensible (not) on an MZ 150 Trophy at the time…

Simon.
'08 GSA (from new)
Fluff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fluff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 14:52
Originally posted by BondEquipe BondEquipe wrote:

Can't help on the specifics but I can add that rearsets on my LM2 make it more comfortable. A bit more space in between footrest and cylinder head gives me room to move about.

How about a taller seat?  I've used a gel seat pad before - less for the bum comfort and more for the extra legroom.

Valid point BE but I like to tuck in behind the screen. The seat is about the only thing I don't like about it. In light summer (armoured) trousers its like a plank. My arse isn't that well padded as it is. A softer seat would be bliss but not higher.
'08 GSA (from new)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic