guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Social section > The Bar.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Testing the new V7 Stornello and V9 Bobber

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote italianmotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Testing the new V7 Stornello and V9 Bobber
    Posted: 02 Jul 2016 at 09:32
I'm going to be riding the V7 Stornello back to back with the V9 Bobber next week. Anyone need something prodding, checking or looking at on these bikes I might be able to help with?
Guzzi lover doing my own thing: http://www.italianmotormagazine.com
MelJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MelJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2016 at 19:46
Will be interested in your opinion of both, though I have no specific questions....

Enjoy.
Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2016 at 21:38
One correspondent accused the V9 of having low power and terrible handling... you may be able to corroborate, or not...

"Chicken nuggets don't dance on a Tuesday."
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 08:56
Certainly be interesting to hear how they compare.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
johnno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 10:47
I want to ride the Stornello and see if it can do what me 650tt can do
GSXR1100 L ,Moto Guzzi .750xpa,.1100 sport,1100 sport corsa rider
italianmotor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote italianmotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2016 at 19:22
Had a nice day yesterday. I loved the Stornello - really nice details, special parts, nice Arrow exhaust note, very comfy, good wide bars in a comfortable position, interesting Korean 'Golden Tyre' brand OEM tyres, sort of on/off road type, but very convincing. Wind it on and it becomes a proper 'tool' this bike, slightly 'supermotard'. Low down fuelling still a bit iffy, but fantastic all the way through once you get motoring.

The V9 Bobber convinced me less. Enjoyable enough if you're cruising along. The motor - yes lots of torque all the way through, and no doubt ideal for sitting on motorways, but I personally noticed little difference between it and that of the V7 II. Handles ok, easy to grind pegs, needs more effort to push that slightly vague big balloon front tyre in the right direction round corners. Clanky drive take-up. Seat a bit of a plank, and the tool kit was missing so I couldn't adjust the rear shocks that were sending jarring vibes up my spine. Front end prefers smooth tarmac too. Features built in USB socket. My left knee kept banging on cylinder headguard. You'd really want the look fo this bike to buy it I think.

Build quality and detailing of both bikes can't be faulted. Here's a pic of me enjoying meself.

Edited by italianmotor - 05 Jul 2016 at 19:28
Guzzi lover doing my own thing: http://www.italianmotormagazine.com
vmaxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmaxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2016 at 20:50
I thought both bikes were built on the same platform, with identically spec'd engine / transmission.
Interesting they should end up feeling so different to ride.
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2016 at 22:58
Well they are referred to as the V7 Stornello and V9 Bobber.
Brian.

vmaxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmaxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 15:13
Originally posted by Brian UK Brian UK wrote:

Well they are referred to as the V7 Stornello and V9 Bobber.

Sorry, I'm getting confused between the Stornello and the V9 Roamer

Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 15:59
The difference is the V7 is a 745cc engine, the V9 is something like 860cc.
Brian.

kateguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kateguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 17:22
Delivered a bike to Wells yesterday....on the way back I stopped into Fowlers of Bristol....traffic was near stationary anyway. I had the opportunity there to view these bikes in the metal...so to speak..
I reckon Carlo and the others are turning in their graves.... I cant believe this tasteless tat......
Moto Guzzi Club GB.....
850 LE MANS...1 & 2....V7 Loop Frame..V7 Sport replica...Guzzi Daytona...Ducati 900ss Bevel not belt.....Laverda 3C ....and an MZ...
vmaxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmaxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 19:41

Yes I realize.
As I said, for some reason I got the Stornello confused with the Roamer, which I believe is basically the same bike as the Bobber
vmaxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmaxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 19:43
Originally posted by vmaxer vmaxer wrote:

Yes I realize.
As I said, for some reason I got the Stornello confused with the Roamer, which I believe is basically the same bike as the Bobber

Originally posted by kateguy kateguy wrote:

Delivered a bike to Wells yesterday....on the way back I stopped into Fowlers of Bristol....traffic was near stationary anyway. I had the opportunity there to view these bikes in the metal...so to speak..
I reckon Carlo and the others are turning in their graves.... I cant believe this tasteless tat......

Shocked
MelJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MelJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 21:01
Got to move with the times :) I think these look very good in the metal. The Stornello in particular looks really good up close, and the finish on both is good...considerably better in fact than my 1100 sport was!
vmaxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmaxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 21:25
Originally posted by MelJ MelJ wrote:

Got to move with the times :) I think these look very good in the metal. The Stornello in particular looks really good up close, and the finish on both is good...considerably better in fact than my 1100 sport was!

To be fair, I don't think Piaggio could give a monkeys about the Guzzi traditionalists.
They're not the one's keeping the marque in business
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
  Share Topic