guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Social section > The Bar.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

plans on hold a bit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken-Guzzibear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: plans on hold a bit
    Posted: 11 Jun 2016 at 22:25
Were thinking of Penine rally then The Gods decided otherwise had to go to a driving course this am but worse on Wed Annie came home early after one eye had black spots in it, not good when you are driving, went to local Optician Thurs am told to get to A&E ... I came home from work. down to eye "emergency" at Leics Royal .... jeeeez there over 8 hrs to be told tear at back of her eye and a bleed ... come back tomorrow for top consultant ...back at 8 am , seen at .......10.30 ...well it was urgent..... after another wait, it needs laser surgery to be put right ...on 21st, till then Annie told take it easy .... try not to exert as it could cause retina to detach !

Trying to get an Annie to "take things easy" is no easy task ....  hoping all goes ok ....
The Older i Get, The Better I Was
BobV7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobV7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2016 at 22:53
Bad news for you both in one way but with a bit of luck hopefully Annie's problem has been caught in time. Sure you'll be giving her all the help she needs, and just persuade her to put her feet up and keep the tea coming!Thumbs Up
V7 Classic Black and gold is the best colour
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2016 at 23:37
Tell her to do as she's told, or we'll send the boys round. LOL

I'm sure it's a pretty scary situation to be in. Hope all goes well.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
iceni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iceni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2016 at 07:56
Originally posted by BobV7 BobV7 wrote:

Bad news for you both in one way but with a bit of luck hopefully Annie's problem has been caught in time. Sure you'll be giving her all the help she needs, and just persuade her to put her feet up and keep the tea coming!Thumbs Up

+1000 to that!  Hope all goes well - and quicklyThumbs Up
Oldrat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2016 at 08:15
Best wishes Ken.
My other half has just had a nasty scare, but its all sorted now thank goodness.
Couple of thoughts for you
Its always worse when it happens to your partner not you, and we automatically thought the worst would happen even though it all worked out. Seems to be our default mechanism to worry.

Hope she takes it easy and everything works out.

1976 "Zagato" Gootsi cafe racer
1980 LM 2, Coburn and Hughes.
2017 BMW R1200 GSA
Ken-Guzzibear View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken-Guzzibear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2016 at 11:37
Thanks folks , sat here this morning Annie is still asleep , leaving her be, BUT I will get a telling off for NOT waking her up earlier, Annie is one of those naturally "busy" people who gets bored real quick, went to get shopping and HAD to constantly remind her NOT to pick up the bags ... Ere I am a "Annie herder" .... come bye .....AWAAAAY ... lol down ..LIE DOWN!
cheefysteve View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheefysteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 18:48
Pass my best wishes to Annie, and let's hope they sort it out soon... It can be tiring being a wife herder, ya need to sit down and take it easy.. Ken 😄 Take care
"When I got the time, I ain't got the money, when I got the money, ain't got the time"
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken-Guzzibear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 18:58
Appointment for Laser eye surgery next Tuesday ...pretty quick , got it yesterday, Annie goes quiet, then asks what if's ? I move my head, My sense of humour thought of "Men in Black" the guy who's head regrows!!!! Annie had visions of "Goldfinger" ..... " I expect you to die Mr Bond!" ... oh the imagination goes wild ....Phasers on stun! ....

Sis In law had laser eye surgery told her it is hardly different from the eye test ...only issue is dry eyes afterwards ...loads of eye drops, not good to drive for a week or so... then all ought to be fine thanks folks
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 19:20
Fingers crossed for her. It will be fine.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
Jerry atric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry atric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 20:38
Originally posted by Ken-Guzzibear Ken-Guzzibear wrote:

Appointment for Laser eye surgery next Tuesday ...pretty quick , got it yesterday, Annie goes quiet, then asks what if's ? I move my head, My sense of humour thought of "Men in Black" the guy who's head regrows!!!! Annie had visions of "Goldfinger" ..... " I expect you to die Mr Bond!" ... oh the imagination goes wild ....Phasers on stun! ....

Sis In law had laser eye surgery told her it is hardly different from the eye test ...only issue is dry eyes afterwards ...loads of eye drops, not good to drive for a week or so... then all ought to be fine thanks folks
I've been at Bristol eye hospital just about every month for the last 4 years since getting knocked off. Seen LOADS of people have laser surgery including me. Tell her don't worry it's a doddle. I've never seen anyone have a snag with it. Good luck.
Chris
mickr View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 21:48
I have had laser surgery after having a cataract replacement. Cells were growing over the sac the lens was held in and causing cloudiness again. Took 10 minutes. Eye was a bit fuzzy fior a week or so but fine after that.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken-Guzzibear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2016 at 12:06
Thanks all .....Once she got over it NOT being like Goldfinger or men in Black it is fine, daft bugger
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken-Guzzibear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2016 at 22:30
Well was in today boy took ages , exam, then drops loads of them , then wait 40 mins She was in for over 45 mins I was not allowed in when they lasered the eye, "A welding job" as the consultant put it.,

Poor Annie was visibly shaken when she came out, took a while before she could walk out , When the drops that deaden the eye wore off it was fairly uncomfortable , She has to go back to check it is all good on 1 July so hopefully that ought to be it sorted fingers crossed. Annie not too happy a camper right now
There is not a lot of info on the websites about this, loads about the Optic, "cosmetic" surgery to allow one to get rid of contacts or Glasses, hardly anything about repair jobbies, I guess they are all a bit different .....Thanks to all for their messages , made a difference knowing others are out there....., Going to be a late night I recon
BobV7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobV7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2016 at 23:11
Ah well. hopefully the worst is over and Annie still has a good reason for the tea and sympathy! Best wishes.
V7 Classic Black and gold is the best colour
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken-Guzzibear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2016 at 11:17
Feels an awful lot better this morning
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic