guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > CARC models
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Breva 1100 issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ianboydsnr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Breva 1100 issues
    Posted: 14 Jul 2015 at 13:34
Been having some running issues with the big Breva, 

the fuel consumption is higher, getting 42mpg on the dash, when it used to do 48 that's American MPG, there's also a bit of a miss fire at low revs and a holding back at high revs, the bike starts and runs fine otherwise, bike has just under 13k on the clocks,

I have changed the easy spark plugs, which has improved the running, but not the mpg, I am currently waiting for a thin wall 16mm socket to fit the 10mm hard and expensive plugs,

in the meantime I have plugged into a OBD reader and going through the fiat and motronic on the reader, it says that oxygen sensor bank one has a circuit malfunction, I am not sure this is correct though,

so it may be needing a new o2 sensor, anyone had similar issues and cured them?
theoneandonly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theoneandonly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 13:32
remake connection on lambda , ie unplug and replug . take it for a thrash in 3rd gear for at least 10 miles . then check in the morning 

https://www.facebook.com/BaldricksWorkshop
http://baldricksworkshop.co.uk/

motorcycle slut, if it has wheels and an engine , i will ride it .
Ianboydsnr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ianboydsnr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2015 at 19:40
It's now running much better, since replacing the inner plugs,
And remaking the Lambda connection, it's now back to running smoothly at low revs,
There's still a small issue with the tick over raising to 1600rpm when stopped at traffic lights!
Ken-Guzzibear View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken-Guzzibear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2015 at 21:21
good job
The Older i Get, The Better I Was
Blind Lemon Ade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blind Lemon Ade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2015 at 21:35
My Breva 11 used to "race" on tickover, up to about 2000 rpm. I balanced the injector bodies, and found one screw was adjusted wrongly. This, and resetting the TPS, cured the problem - it now ticks over quietly.
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2015 at 22:54
That racing tickover was a regular issue over on the Guzzitech forum a few years ago. The consensus was that the stepper motor was causing it. The cure was to put a valve (manual or electric) in the air bleed tube from the bottom of the air box into the stepper motor and turn it off once the engine is hot.
It has to be left open for cold starting.

I have an electrically operated valve on the Norge which is controlled by a thermostat glued to the head fins on the inside.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic