guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > CARC models
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Griso Termignoni

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmaxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Griso Termignoni
    Posted: 17 Apr 2015 at 14:32
I wasn't planning to change my silencer, but one came up on ebay that was an absolute bargain, so I thought if I don't like it, I can sell it again quite easily.
Got it on this morning.
Went for a good ride.
Three words

OH MY GOD

Heart

I didn't know that such a gorgeous sound was lurking within.
I don't like loud exhausts, and if I thought it was even the slightest bit obnoxious, I would have taken it off but it's not.
It's just pure music.
It wasn't till later on, that I found the baffle wasn't in there.
I was in such a hurry to unpack it that I missed it, separately wrapped in the box.
I think I'll leave it out.

Blue View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2015 at 20:24
Great sound indeed. I think Termigoni have made a great job of the marriage with the Griso.
It's all Spaghetti.
vmaxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmaxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2015 at 10:44
Originally posted by Blue Blue wrote:

Great sound indeed. I think Termigoni have made a great job of the marriage with the Griso.

Griso is now even more addictive than it was before.
Big smileBig smile
Blind Lemon Ade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blind Lemon Ade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2015 at 12:46
We demand a phone video, or sound recording, at the very least! Wink
vmaxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmaxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2015 at 15:57
Originally posted by Blind Lemon Ade Blind Lemon Ade wrote:

We demand a phone video, or sound recording, at the very least! Wink

Uh hum
It's great on the open road but maybe you wouldn't want to hear it in town slowing down for the lights where it pops and farts like an old cart horse.
Confused

Blue View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2015 at 12:51
I ran mine without the DB killer for a few days. It is lovely to start with but after a while even with earplugs in it becomes a little annoying. I was getting a lot of attention and it seemed too much for longer journeys. I now run with the DB killer fitted and it is perfect for me. Enough of a roar to make me smile but not bothersome to me or the neighbours!

My 8v 'feels' better with the DB in [ as in smoother on and off the power and less of the decel pop you mention ]
It's all Spaghetti.
vmaxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmaxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2015 at 12:26

I ran mine without the DB killer for a few days. It is lovely to start with but after a while even with earplugs in it becomes a little annoying. I was getting a lot of attention and it seemed too much for longer journeys. I now run with the DB killer fitted and it is perfect for me. Enough of a roar to make me smile but not bothersome to me or the neighbours!

My 8v 'feels' better with the DB in [ as in smoother on and off the power and less of the decel pop you mention ]

I hear you.
Now that I have had time to get used to it, I tried it with the db killer back in, and I would say the bike definitely runs better with it.
Also, I don't get so much of the popping on closed throttle.
It is still there, but barely noticeable.
So now it doesn't sound much different to the standard silencer, and I'm wondering if it was worth the spend.
But then I look at it, and realize visually, it compliments the bike so much more than the standard tumble drier.
Blue View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2015 at 13:01
Originally posted by vmaxer vmaxer wrote:

I hear you.
Now that I have had time to get used to it, I tried it with the db killer back in, and I would say the bike definitely runs better with it.
Also, I don't get so much of the popping on closed throttle.
It is still there, but barely noticeable.
So now it doesn't sound much different to the standard silencer, and I'm wondering if it was worth the spend.
But then I look at it, and realize visually, it compliments the bike so much more than the standard tumble drier.

I agree with you that it is a much cleaner looking line to the bike. I think as you started with the DB killer out, it gives such a different sound than the OEM version it makes you go WOW!!! So now you have the DB in it all seems calmer. However, when you crank it on even with the DB in it is a fair bit different than the OEM sound [ my thoughts only ] I did ride a 2014 with standard exhaust before i bought my Tenni and the Termi does come alive on throttle above the standard even with db fitted.

As you know it is a fair bit lighter too - So i think if you got a deal then money well spent!!Smile
It's all Spaghetti.
DangWangi View Drop Down
Guzzino
Guzzino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DangWangi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2016 at 18:06
Have any photos or videos to share??  Also, did you just slip it on or did you do any mapping? I hear some folks insist on re-mapping while others seem to be fine with it as-is.

BobV7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobV7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2016 at 23:56
Emergency resus team to Tarquin's house!!!!Big smileBig smileBig smile
V7 Classic Black and gold was the best. But green & black was nice too. Now blue is in!
jonnymac View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonnymac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2017 at 13:50
Not sure whether to start a new thread or add to this one?

I have just bought a Termignoni pipe and DB killer form one of the Ex Dealers who Piaggio seem to have pissed off. The pipe itself is lovely as expected, but the DB killer looks pretty f**cked to be honest.

Now the question is, I have seen threads that say the bike runs poorly w/o the DB killer. Does anyone have any experience with this? Should I return the whole lot for a refund, or will it be fine without the DB killer?
I do prefer my bikes noisier rather than quieter, but I don't want it to run like poo!!
nel View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2017 at 16:12
If it's the old 2V 1100 you'll be fine without the DB killer.
Doc. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doc. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 16:15
If you want a nice(r) sound without swapping Cans, just junk your Airbox Lid (or just drill a load of bl##dy great holes in it), instant increase in growling, without upsetting all those over-sensitive ears the great British Public seems to be burdened with . . . 

Improved the mid-range Throttle response/pick-up slightly on my '09 Stelvio too.
Doc out!

Stelvio/V85 Owners Group on FB
https://www.facebook.com/groups/888995181188209/?fref=nf
jonnymac View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonnymac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2017 at 17:47
Just an update for anybody searching this in the future.
The bike definitely ran less well with the Termignoni pipe without DB killer. Very laggy and poorly responsive in the lower rev ranges.
Once the db killer was installed it ran again as it should. The sound, even with the db killer is much nicer than the standard can.
It is an 8v bike for reference
hughguzzi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hughguzzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2017 at 09:10
I run my 1100 griso with termi + db killer and sounds sweet !!
Not annoying loud but with presence and no popping on overrun. Also have a finebau mod fitted for smooth low revs running - transformed the bike !
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic