guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Social section > The Bar.
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Too old for this sh*t
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Too old for this sh*t

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Message
rapheal View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 13 Nov 2014
Location: west country
Status: Offline
Points: 339
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote rapheal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 16:31
The real reason behind the rise in accidents and poor driving, is the removal of dedicated traffic police officers, ie officers who knew vehicle law, construction and use regs, insurance liabilities, and restrictions, loading of HGVs and licence classes, and could see clearly that certain types of motorist are a menace, and learnt to spot criminals using cars for their work, pikies and gippos in pick up trucks and vans ( 10 to 15 year old vans driven by an obese white male ), looking for drunks  driving still over from the night before, elderly people with failing eyesight, bald tyres, faulty lights, cars with PERFORMANCE exhausts, ( ie wankey chav heaps) and motorcycles with loud exhausts, the whole gamut

when the M5 was opened the government pledged a vast sum of money to each county it passed through to provide 24Hr policing, thats why their are traffic depots just of the motorway, but now we have no motorway police ? the M5 near me has a fatality every week

but police numbers have been cut drastically and now we have so few police officers that they are merely driving from one problem to the next
then some idiot in government cones up with the idea of Police commissioners to waste even more money !!
our PC is an ex copper, already in receipt of a very good pension, one that is double what I earn a years, he is also claiming 75k for doing very little ??
frankly he should be working for expenses ( hes useless anyway)

I dont drive very much, I work locally and use the car to drop kit off then cycle, but I see on a regular basis drivers using the phone, bald tyres, overloaded vehicles, vehicles with defective lights, vehicles with replacement ebay led lights that are useless, drivers who are on drugs and out of their tree
arseholes on cycles with no lights , speeding drivers in town in large four wheel drive vehicles ( why, they never ever have the need to go off road) drivers using the footpath to get past, its beyond help, and they have been getting away with this for so long now that it would take 10 years if you brought back traffic cops to kill the culture of arrogance and aggression
as soon as I replaced my car I had a high end CCTV system fitted to it
BMW has just announced the latest car in its range, a huge ugly 4 wheel drive SUV that is even larger than the present X5 or whatever it is
the government should have placed a ban on vehicles over a certain size, but they wont as they get brown envelopes from the manufactures
Dont even get me stared on AUDIs
giv eit a year or two and I will buy a Series 2 landrover and drive around bashing wing mirrors off



Back to Top
BobV7 View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2014
Location: W. Sussex
Status: Offline
Points: 2016
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BobV7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 16:47
Someone missed breakfast this morning!Big smile
V7 Classic Black and gold is the best colour
Back to Top
George S View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 31 Mar 2018
Location: Essex UK
Status: Offline
Points: 223
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 16:54
Rapheal tell us what you really think don't hold back Shocked 
George
Back to Top
BondEquipe View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 10 Dec 2014
Location: Barnacle
Status: Offline
Points: 1134
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BondEquipe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 17:25
A-n-n-n-d  breathe.
Stephen
Black & Gold LM2
+ Other Bikes & Projects!
Back to Top
iceni View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 16 Sep 2014
Location: Colchester
Status: Offline
Points: 1723
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iceni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 17:30
Our PC recently appointed a new Fire Chief. The successful appointee is a lady ex councillor with no expertise in her chosen job, but nevertheless, Mr PC deemed her to be the best candidate, expressing every confidence in his new colleague, assuring all and sundry all would be well.  We now learn that, due to her inexperience he has decided to appoint a consultant or something to help her do the job.  Cost? Only another £100,000pa! And that’s on top of the Fire Chiefs salary, pension contributions and expenses.
How the fcuk do these people get away with it, and who signed off on it?
To sum it all up in one word....incompetence, stupidity,
 don’tgivea sh*tomy, irresponsibility - well, you get my drift!!!
I did get my breakfast, but I haven’t had my piggin cucumber sandwiches yet - where the hells that Tarquinius?
Now, i know you’ll all be surprised, but I have to tell you, I’m a Moaning Old Git.  I don’t have to work at it- it’s second nature.
It’s being so cheerful that keeps me goingLOL


Back to Top
Jerry atric View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 24 Nov 2014
Location: Wiltshire
Status: Offline
Points: 2014
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jerry atric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 19:36
Originally posted by rapheal rapheal wrote:

The real reason behind the rise in accidents and poor driving, is the removal of dedicated traffic police officers, ie officers who knew vehicle law, construction and use regs, insurance liabilities, and restrictions, loading of HGVs and licence classes, and could see clearly that certain types of motorist are a menace, and learnt to spot criminals using cars for their work, pikies and gippos in pick up trucks and vans ( 10 to 15 year old vans driven by an obese white male ), looking for drunks  driving still over from the night before, elderly people with failing eyesight, bald tyres, faulty lights, cars with PERFORMANCE exhausts, ( ie wankey chav heaps) and motorcycles with loud exhausts, the whole gamut

when the M5 was opened the government pledged a vast sum of money to each county it passed through to provide 24Hr policing, thats why their are traffic depots just of the motorway, but now we have no motorway police ? the M5 near me has a fatality every week

but police numbers have been cut drastically and now we have so few police officers that they are merely driving from one problem to the next
then some idiot in government cones up with the idea of Police commissioners to waste even more money !!
our PC is an ex copper, already in receipt of a very good pension, one that is double what I earn a years, he is also claiming 75k for doing very little ??
frankly he should be working for expenses ( hes useless anyway)

I dont drive very much, I work locally and use the car to drop kit off then cycle, but I see on a regular basis drivers using the phone, bald tyres, overloaded vehicles, vehicles with defective lights, vehicles with replacement ebay led lights that are useless, drivers who are on drugs and out of their tree
arseholes on cycles with no lights , speeding drivers in town in large four wheel drive vehicles ( why, they never ever have the need to go off road) drivers using the footpath to get past, its beyond help, and they have been getting away with this for so long now that it would take 10 years if you brought back traffic cops to kill the culture of arrogance and aggression
as soon as I replaced my car I had a high end CCTV system fitted to it
BMW has just announced the latest car in its range, a huge ugly 4 wheel drive SUV that is even larger than the present X5 or whatever it is
the government should have placed a ban on vehicles over a certain size, but they wont as they get brown envelopes from the manufactures
Dont even get me stared on AUDIs
giv eit a year or two and I will buy a Series 2 landrover and drive around bashing wing mirrors off





You and me should get together (not in the biblical sense)
Back to Top
Tarquin View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 30 May 2014
Location: Durham
Status: Offline
Points: 2687
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tarquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 19:37
Originally posted by iceni iceni wrote:

- well, you get my drift!!!
I did get my breakfast, but I haven’t had my piggin cucumber sandwiches yet - where the hells that Tarquinius?
Now, i know you’ll all be surprised, but I have to tell you, I’m a Moaning Old Git. I don’t have to work at it- it’s second nature.
It’s being so cheerful that keeps me goingLOL









Alright alright, givus a chance you twisty barsteward.


Are you still wanting the cucumber slices 1mm thick or have you changed your bloody mind AGAIN!!!!.


You need to be more courteous when addressing me seeing as RLO has offered me a job at his place polishing a brace of IR...……………………………………………………………………….
California 111 70th Anniversary Model, California 1100i 75th Anniversary Model, Honda ST1300


“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”
Back to Top
iceni View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 16 Sep 2014
Location: Colchester
Status: Offline
Points: 1723
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iceni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 20:17
LOLLOLLOL
Back to Top
nab301 View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2017
Location: Dublin Ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 174
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nab301 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 21:01
Originally posted by rapheal rapheal wrote:

giv eit a year or two and I will buy a Series 2 landrover and drive around bashing wing mirrors off

 Hopefully that will be a V8 petrol with loudpipes!!   . 
I think you've covered everything for me with your rant and I live in a different jurisdiction!
As to the OP  I think In that particular case I 'd rather have had the driver in front of me than behind .  
Itdoesn't work or isn't possible for everyone but for me I find a brisk walk at lunchtime keeps me sane for the journey home ,regardless i've never had the urge for fisticuffs or verbal arguments  in traffic and i've no interest in joining a gym and beating the crap out of a punchbag,  although on second thoughts .... maybe the endorphins  might  help !     Still,  dark chocolate and laughter seems a much easier way to keep happy or so I read on the internet.  (i'm 6'4" , 15.75stone and nearer 60 than 50 )
Nigel
Keep smiling , it makes people wonder what you've been up to!
'04 Breva 750, '99 Bmw R1100S, '06 Triumph Bonneville '05 CBF 250, '03Bullet 65 500, '93 MZ301 Saxon fun
Back to Top
cugsy View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 30 Nov 2016
Location: norfolk
Status: Offline
Points: 601
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cugsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 21:03
My point of view has always been that if someone pisses you off or risks your life for f#ck all reason, then they need to be told. Either vocally or by using the appropriate gesture. But, now that the incident made me realise how I value my freedom (because plod is always unbiased) more than pounding some cockerny sh*t into the ground, then so be it. I'll ride like I do and take the consequences. Then we'll see if justice actually works...



I wrote that and wasn't sarcastic.  Audis...beemers...it makes no difference. Dickheads still breed
Honda nc750x ...hmm - a superdream for the 21st century? ZZZZZZ But the goozi is back running..yesserii jim bob. Fun time
Back to Top
rbt1548 View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 19 Nov 2014
Location: Glasgow
Status: Offline
Points: 946
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rbt1548 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 21:40
For a thread starting out as a rant from one gentleman it seems to have encouraged one or two to put their underpants on top of their trousers!
2017 Ducati Supersport
1981 T3
1965 BSA Lightning Clubman

It wisnae me, a big boy done it and ran away!

"I was so much older then; I'm younger than that now!"
Back to Top
BobV7 View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2014
Location: W. Sussex
Status: Offline
Points: 2016
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobV7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 22:36
I'm beginning to suspect Mr. Cugsy has unresolved issues.Shocked
V7 Classic Black and gold is the best colour
Back to Top
rapheal View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 13 Nov 2014
Location: west country
Status: Offline
Points: 339
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rapheal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 00:15
Oddly an old friend who is a retired traffic cop agrees with me
anyway I shall be busy for a day or two I have more important things to do
got to build me a pyrite ship ready for Halloween
I have many small children depending on me to scare them and give them chocolate in that order


Back to Top
Tarquin View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 30 May 2014
Location: Durham
Status: Offline
Points: 2687
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tarquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 07:43
Originally posted by rbt1548 rbt1548 wrote:

For a thread starting out as a rant from one gentleman it seems to have encouraged one or two to put their underpants on top of their trousers!



Whilst Superman had impressive powers Rob, he wasn't a patch on this guy




Edited by Tarquin - 27 Oct 2018 at 09:27
California 111 70th Anniversary Model, California 1100i 75th Anniversary Model, Honda ST1300


“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”
Back to Top
rbt1548 View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 19 Nov 2014
Location: Glasgow
Status: Offline
Points: 946
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rbt1548 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 08:06
Originally posted by Tarquin Tarquin wrote:

Originally posted by rbt1548 rbt1548 wrote:

For a thread starting out as a rant from one gentleman it seems to have encouraged one or two to put their underpants on top of their trousers!



Whilst Superman had impressive powers Rob he wasn't a patch on this guy



 

You would have thought that the demise of the red telephone boxes would have curtailed their opportunities, but it seems not!
2017 Ducati Supersport
1981 T3
1965 BSA Lightning Clubman

It wisnae me, a big boy done it and ran away!

"I was so much older then; I'm younger than that now!"
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.109 seconds.