guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Big Block Tonti
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

T3 sudden running problem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 17:23

Found this on the Laverda forum.Apparently genuine Bosch condensers.Might be useful.
http://www.justkampers.com/

They have several different types listed.

Edited by Dave P. - 29 Oct 2017 at 17:31
TO LIVE OUTSIDE THE LAW YOU MUST BE HONEST.

1971 V7 Special. 1972 850GT.
1970 T120 Bonnie. 2009 500 Bullet.
Dodge View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 19:21
Check that the choke cable has not got snagged. I had a problem once where the choke was not properly closing causing overrich mixture on one pot. Plug finally becomes coked up and stops firing despite a good spark.
ipaulog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ipaulog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 18:24
Thanks for the suggestion. The choke cables were knackered so I had already replace them with flip top mechanisms. The plug that hadn't been firing wasn't that fouled up really.
The bike is now running on two cylinders but I haven't had a chance to get out for a road test yet.
The trouble is I'm not sure what I've fixed or if it is temporary!
There was nothing obvious on the ignition side other than one dodgy looking condenser. This must have been doing its job though because the points look good. As an aside it was a Lucas unit and about half the size of the Italian one. I've now got another one from Gutsibits and fitted it. I've put new plugs in and that's about it.
Fuel wise I checked the carb on the non working side and everything seemed fine. There was a crease on the fuel line but It didn't look enough to prevent flow.
I'll see what happens when I ride it later this week.
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic