guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sales and Wants > Parts or accessories wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

T3 solo seat

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samz101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T3 solo seat
    Posted: 10 Sep 2020 at 14:41
Hi folks,
  I have a 1976 T3 Cali and I’m looking for a solo seat for it. (NOT the original black and white one, if that’s classed as solo.)
Any info or tips greatly appreciated.
Sam.

Edited by Samz101 - 10 Sep 2020 at 15:23
Jim Mac View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2020 at 16:04
Try Teo Lamers, they have them now and again from T3 Ital8an Police bikes
Norge 1200 GT 8v   T5 Polizia
Too old to die young
italianmotor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote italianmotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2020 at 19:03
I have one on my '76 T3 California. They're hard to come across nowadays and are pricy. Don't buy one of the incorrect seats that come off police V65s or small block police bikes, they just don't look right and don't fit properly. I'll take a pic of mine and post it up tomorrow. They look great with the big bare ally mudguard behind.
Jim Mac View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2020 at 20:23
I have one on my 850 T5 Polizia, it hinges to one side and locks on the other
Too old to die young
Samz101 View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samz101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2020 at 09:58
Thanks for the reply’s.  I’d be interested in seeing any pics of seats on the bike for comparison.
Jim Mac View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2020 at 11:07
My bike is dismantled at moment for refurb but I will take pic of bike and fitting for you

bottom of seat, slots sideways into lugs on right side of the frame and flips over to locate on left

quite comfy seat, plenty of room for one butt

Edited by Jim Mac - 11 Sep 2020 at 13:04
Too old to die young
Samz101 View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samz101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2020 at 20:23
That’s got some curve to it.  The ones I’ve seen looked a lot flatter. Did you have to make brackets for the pivot parts or is it not a standard T3 frame?  Does look comfy though.Wink
Ken-Guzzibear View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken-Guzzibear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 07:47
looking at that solo seat I think a decent upholsterer could alter the T3 "buddy" seat as the base is metal I guess with some fabrication ....way easier on the EV as the seat is in 2 parts, sometimes have to think outside the box, II actually bought dual seat for my EV from the previous model, added the rear pins and it fitted straight on .... just a thought 
The Older i Get, The Better I Was

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote italianmotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 09:03
Sorry, forgot to take a pic of mine and the brackets too, I will be there on Monday, I promise I'll remember (my bikes aren't kept at my house..). Jim's seat above isn't a T3 police seat, something off a later bike.

Edited by italianmotor - 12 Sep 2020 at 09:09
Jim Mac View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 11:26
The brackets on the frame look original to me or at least they have been welded quite professionally (maybe not original then Wink)

The pins in the seat could have been done by anybody but the seat is a perfect fit with the rear radio cover and the bike is an original 1986 T5 Polizia 850
Too old to die young
Samz101 View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samz101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 11:42
That’s the type of thing but at £300 shipped form the US I’ll have to look elsewhere.   Hopefully something might turn up in the UK or at TLM.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote italianmotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 14:38
Pics of my '76 T3 California police seat seat as promised. The brackets that you will need are shown - I think I got them from Teo Lamers years ago. The actual police bikes had brackets too for the radio but they're not need here.

Samz101 View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samz101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 16:56
Thanks for those pics, just the kinda thing I’m after. With regards to the brackets attached to the frame, what stops them pivoting when weight is applied to the seat?  Are the bolts just FT. Also, does another bracket fix the the seat base? 

Thanks.
NB Just spotted the tabs on the seat base. Wink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote italianmotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 18:50
If FT means fully tight, then yes. Looking at the parts book and other pics it seems I have the brackets the wrong way round but I don't have the brackets for radio, and the way I have it works for me. Whatever, you'll need the two brackets if you find a seat.

Pic of a police bike:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic