guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Alternative parts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cali ev fiat oil pressure switch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cugsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cali ev fiat oil pressure switch
    Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 07:21
Self explanatory really...anyone got a part number or is it another call to gutsibits?  Ta john
Due to italian electrickery I am saying nowt. Despite nearly giving the Vstrom away the honda has gone...
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 07:49
Look in the alternative parts section. I'm sure it's mentioned there.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
johnno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 10:19
OPS2040 off ebay
1100 sport corsa , Yam R1, guzzi 650tt rider
cugsy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cugsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 23:26
Straight swap Johnno?
Due to italian electrickery I am saying nowt. Despite nearly giving the Vstrom away the honda has gone...
johnno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 23:59
Worked for me , straight swap on 1100 sport , T5 and if I remember correctly my small block as well
cugsy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cugsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 09:20
Ordered.
cugsy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cugsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 12:45
Bugger....21mm deep socket to get the original switch out and the replacement is a 1" with a longer body/thread...Not going in

The original is on the left and the new one on the right.  I don't think it will fit before oil pisses past the threads.
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 13:02
All those pictured on Ebay searching for OPS2040 don't look like the one you got.

Did you see this?
Brian.

cugsy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cugsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 14:36
I did see that Brian. I suppose i should have taken the old one out first to see what it looks like. Mind yew - £4 posted against £9 plus post maks a muckle ye ken!  Oh well

johnno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 14:49
sh*t , the ones I got look like yours 
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2019 at 17:05
The early and late pressure switches on Guzzis are the same fitting, but have different electrical connectors. Not an insurmountable difference.
Brian.

cugsy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cugsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 14:08
As James May would say - cock!  Correct switch? Looks like it...bit longer thread? Yesss....and its tapered. Goes from 11.90mm to 12.5mm. Bugger.  Bugger...

Looks like I'm starting a collection. So, Gutsibits for the correct one then. Shoulda woulda coulda gone there first, but who does that?  

While I'm here, (dare I ask?) any parts numbers for the air temp and oil temp sensor? Gutsibits is pricey preciousssss....
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 14:34
Do you have reason to think they are faulty?
Brian.

cugsy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cugsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 14:58
Not yet Brian. I've read a few bits on here about the air temp sensor fooling the fueling (er..ha ha..) and having the bike run rich, which mine is. 35 mpg on a bimble. 

I'm actually assuming the worst and why not? I'm off to the garage to check the oil sensor 'cos I can see that one.  Mind you - what does it actually do? There's no way of seeing the oil temp is there? 

if I can get to the air temp sensor I'll check that too.  Theres a post somewhere on resistance and temp
cugsy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cugsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 16:19
Me again. Just come out of the garage after checking the oil temp sensor. 4.22Kohms at about 18-20 degrees or maybe less. Its quite cool in the garage (in the temperature sense - otherwise nerdy!) and this reading tallies with what I found. What I didn't expect was the emulsified poop covering the sensor. I cleaned it and checked it. Happy with that.  BUT, not happy with all of the mayonnaise in the 2 rocker covers. I've cleaned them out and I'm guessing that short journeys are strangling the poor old girl.

Another italian tune up seems in orderBig smile

Just need the oil temp switchCry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic