guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Introduction > Introduce yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Got the Guzzi vĂ­rus!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MotoSilva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Got the Guzzi vĂ­rus!
    Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 01:19
Greetings everyone
I'm from Portugal, live in the south, the Algarve, and i've owned many bikes in my life. I'm 58 but feel 38 Tongue was mostly into sport bikes most of my life, except for a 1997 XJR1200, a 2004 Aprilia Caponord , and my last one, that I just sold it, a 1993 Cb1000 big one. Except for those, I had several CBR's, ZXR's,  and finally,an MV Agusta F4 1000R ( for eight years, before the Big One) and that was enough of speed and adrenaline in it's most dangerous version.
Rode the Griso 850 yesterday and it was even better then I would've imagined! So, so much caracter and so fun to ride! I got the "virus" for this brand.I just realized it when checking for other bikes in the market, later, that the Guzzi had something above all others. You know what I'm talking about...you have one!

I still don't own a Guzzi, but have two used ones on sight, a  red 2011 Griso 850 (22.000km) and a grey 2015 Griso 1200 8v. (3.000km) 
Both affordable for me, but still to decide which I'd take.
Now, the red 2011 Griso 850 had a leak along the base of the left engine head, nothing besides that. Does anyone know of any common leaks these engines might have? The grey has only one problem...it's grey, which I'm not a fan.
Excited to be here and join this familySmile

Jerry atric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry atric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 07:20
Welcome. It sure is a virus
helmetbolt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helmetbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 07:22
Hello, and welcome to the forum.
2001 California Special. (Modified)
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 07:25
58 but feel 38? Most of us are children at heart. You should fit in well.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
Barry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 07:35
Welcome!
V7Chris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote V7Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 17:18
Welcome
Oldrat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 21:46
Hiya and welcome to a brilliant forum.
Good luck with whichever bike you choose.
1976 "Zagato" Gootsi cafe racer
BMW GSA
Jeanette View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeanette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 22:59
Welcome and as the saying goes, you are only as old as you feelWink
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 09:24
Or the other one, old as your tongue, a little older than your teeth. LOL
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
MotoSilva View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MotoSilva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 16:56
Thank you all.
I've decided for the 2011 Griso 850, the bling effect I felt when I saw her is undeniable, as for the 1200 was like...oh, the 1200...not bad...
That says everything about it! Going to pick it up next week, meanwhile is in the mechanic to fix the oil leak and getting a service. Cant wait to feel her rumbling under my ass Clap!!!
MotoSilva View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MotoSilva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 16:58
You'll have to explain me sometime how are the photos uploaded in here. Thanks for any help
johnno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 18:23
Hi and welcome ,nice choice we did not get that model in the ukThumbs Up
1100 sport corsa , Yam R1, guzzi 650tt rider
MotoSilva View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MotoSilva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 21:33
Hi there
As I was in the fitness "world" most of my life, I still look like  im in my late fourtish, so I think I'm lucky...hehe
So today I changed my mind again, and as my money comes only on Friday, I had the freedom to decide for the 2015 Griso 1200...oh yeah! But the 850 is really pretty and great machine to ride, definitely.
Let's see if this is definite...I think so Approve, this time
Thank you for all your welcoming, really, that was unexpected (so many answers!) and confirming the spirit that is within this clan...

Guzzi1000SE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guzzi1000SE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 21:48
Welcome to the forum, I think that whichever you decide upon you will be really happy. It will be good to see a picture.
red leader one View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red leader one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 23:13
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic