guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Introduction > Introduce yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Got the Guzzi vĂ­rus!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
sardineone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sardineone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Got the Guzzi vĂ­rus!
    Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 21:33
Originally posted by MotoSilva MotoSilva wrote:

Hi there
As I was in the fitness "world" most of my life, I still look like  im in my late fourtish, so I think I'm lucky...hehe

Welcome to the forum!  On the quote above, in my mind I've always felt younger than my age.  Just seems to be more younger people around the older I get!  Hope you really enjoy that new Guzzi! Thumbs Up
George

One owner 86' Lemans 1000 (member of the family) / BMW R1200ST (current work horse)

You are what you have ridden!
MotoSilva View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MotoSilva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 02:19
Ah, just saw that you're coming in June, so that's the best choice!
MotoSilva View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MotoSilva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 02:15
Hello Peter. Hope you'll act like 19 when you come to Portugal Tongue
You'll have lots of sun here, but hope you're not coming in the end ofoJuly or early August, too crowded down here around that time...except if you're on a bike, of course!
Give me a call if you're coming to the Algarve, we can grab a beer and talk about Guzzis

MotoSilva View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MotoSilva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 00:41
Only got this photo up to now, having problems, but I got it.
This was the first ride we made together, she was magnificent in the bends on beautiful B roads we have around here. Confirmed all the best we can expect from her! These tyres were more then a year standing in the shop, but never caused any slides or lack of grip. 
Got a little Givi bag for the passenger seat, looks lovely and handy. 
Cleaned her meticulously after the ride, with silicone spray. Never wash my bikes, they're like cats, they dontd like water.
Keep riding Hug
Guzzi1000SE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guzzi1000SE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 00:37
MotoSilva View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MotoSilva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 00:30
jefrs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jefrs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 14:48
I'm 64 but feel about 80, except when I'm on the bike.
PeterB View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeterB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 11:31
Hello Moto Silva

I'm from England, live in the rainy North, and i've also owned many bikes in my life. I'm 59, but feel like 89... and act like 19. Smile  In June I'll be taking a holiday in your beautiful country.  Enjoy your Moto Guzzi!
stu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 11:11
For photos and videos you'll want to press:

It gives you more options for your post:

For pictures use this icon:

Looking forward to the 850 pics :)
Breva 1100 ABS 2006
E-Plus 20 Inch Folding Electric Bike 2018 :p
Royal Enfield Himalayan ABS 2019
MotoSilva View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MotoSilva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 00:26
Thank you. I bought it, rode it, and i'm amazed with what the bike makes you feel, it's another world. Even the short ride on the griso 850 wasn't so impressive as with the 1200!. Loved the tork, the gearbox ( what a smooth precision, my god!), and the whole rough presence from the engine. The breaks are great, couldn't ask for more in power and feel, but the steering is still to be improved by changing a bit the suspension settings, but the base proved to be solid, well planted, easily changing direction, but all in its own majestic, voluptuous way of doing her business. I felt special to ride this bike, it looks like she had always something to say, but there is already a deep and raw connection between us...a predict a long relationship.
Now I know what you guys have been feeling all this time...
About the photos, I live sharing photos too, but haven't found how, yet...
red leader one View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red leader one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 23:13
Guzzi1000SE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guzzi1000SE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 21:48
Welcome to the forum, I think that whichever you decide upon you will be really happy. It will be good to see a picture.
MotoSilva View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MotoSilva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 21:33
Hi there
As I was in the fitness "world" most of my life, I still look like  im in my late fourtish, so I think I'm lucky...hehe
So today I changed my mind again, and as my money comes only on Friday, I had the freedom to decide for the 2015 Griso 1200...oh yeah! But the 850 is really pretty and great machine to ride, definitely.
Let's see if this is definite...I think so Approve, this time
Thank you for all your welcoming, really, that was unexpected (so many answers!) and confirming the spirit that is within this clan...

johnno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 18:23
Hi and welcome ,nice choice we did not get that model in the ukThumbs Up
1100 sport corsa , Yam R1, guzzi 650tt rider
MotoSilva View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MotoSilva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 16:58
You'll have to explain me sometime how are the photos uploaded in here. Thanks for any help
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic