guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > CARC models
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Breva 1200

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 08:15
I don't think the manufacturers are advertising that fact.

But a car with a range of 100 miles when new will shrink to half that in a few years.
There will be a lot of cheap second hand EVs around once people realise. No second hand value.

Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
Howard6040 View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howard6040 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 19:22
Hi Brian, some progress ! Had the battery tested and they said it was at the bottom end of the cranking scale and probably losing ability to hold a charge. This confirms my voltage readings which showed 12.6 after charge and 12.3 3days later without use. Net result fitted new exide battery today.Removed side brackets and exposed the starter motor and solenoid.cleaned terminals and traced one red wired up to starter relay. You were right wires are a different colour on my relay. No direct wire to the battery so mode not done I think. Fitted additional wire on starter terminal and ran it up to online fuse under seat. Now waiting to get a push button so I can have an emergency start facility. Found one small black wire loose near the solenoid but no available terminal to connect it (push on type)!? Also in the loom adjacent to the starter relay I found a yellow wire loose with push on terminal!? Bike starts fine and no more fuses blown.happy days
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 20:46
Someone has clearly modified the wiring there.
One mod which came from a French Guzzi forum was to replace the wire from the relay to solenoid with a heavier one. It was claimed this was a Guzzi service release.
The black wire you found would have been the original.
The yellow wire near the start relay is also the original wire which would have originated at fuse B. You might find the other end of the yellow wire there.

And the relay has also been changed I think.
Brian.

Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howard6040 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 21:26
Think your assumptions are probably right. Won't investigate further unless problems return. Need to get the bike back on the road and get some local rides in.
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 22:10
Originally posted by Howard6040 Howard6040 wrote:

Think your assumptions are probably right. Won't investigate further unless problems return. Need to get the bike back on the road and get some local rides in.

I think that's the best decision.
Brian.

Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howard6040 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 08:21
Hi Brian, thought I would let you know have successfully fitted an emergency starter switch under the seat connecting the battery( via an online fuse and push button) to a piggy back connector on the solenoid.Works fine. Will now reduce starter fuse to original 15amp.
On a different theme where can I buy the inner spark plugs as I am told they are a smaller size than the outer ones I have replaced? Am replacing them as I have found most things haven't been replaced since new or 11 years ago ! Want to do the air filter at the same time. Regards
Jim Mac View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 08:38
Gutsibits is as good as anywhere and at least you will know they are originals and not Ebay rip offs.  you will need to add about £3.50 postage to your cost so add in any other smallish bits and pieces you might need to even out the post cost.

just ordered some plugs for the Norge, could have bought them a couple of quid cheaper elsewhere, but as i say - at least i know thgey are genuine parts
V85 TT Trzvel    BMW R45
Too old to die young
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 17:15
The same plugs are fitted to Maserati engines, might be worth checking?
Brian.

Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howard6040 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 07:14
Thanks Brian and Jim will investigate
Wits View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 07:32
Opie oils also sell them.....
BMW 1200RTLC carbon BLack SOLD….
Breva 1100 2005 in Black SOLD.....
St George's Telford Shropshire.
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 08:06
A tip if you are changing the inner plugs.
Blow out the crud from round the plug first, otherwise it's likely to drop into the cylinder.

I trust you have the right plug spanner? Need a thin wall type to get down the hole.
Brian.

Wits View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 08:12
As per Brian comment ....
The plug socket I got was the Motion pro 08-0239 it’s not cheap about £20.00 but saves so much messing about .....very well made usually yank standard....
Also available on e blag from the states 
BMW 1200RTLC carbon BLack SOLD….
Breva 1100 2005 in Black SOLD.....
St George's Telford Shropshire.
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 10:24
I ground down the outer diameter of a normal socket, 21mm OD I think.
Brian.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic