guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Big Block Tonti
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

G5 or similar single seat

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlyingTiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: G5 or similar single seat
    Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 14:34
Gents,

Now that I am over the electrical drama (Can you see the more relaxed way I am typing this?), I can continue to complete the final touches.  I'm keeping the twin seat for dual rides, but like the look of the bike with a mock up single seat I made.  I can make one, but has anyone bought an off the shelf item at all please?

Cheers

Mark
Mark Serj
Jools View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jools Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 16:10
I guess if you could find one from a 'police special', then it would bolt straight on. Don't think I've seen a single seat for a G5 otherwise?
Jools

V1000G5
1972 T150V
1961 Royal Enfield Constellation
1971 Suzuki ACC50
erm... 1963 Philips Panda
(and other assorted detritus)
chilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 09:41
Saw a Bassa single seat fitted which looked as if it was made for a Tonti frame, he reckoned it was an easy fit, I know no more than that  .
Saw it just recently on one of the Guzzi sites but no idea where :>)
Barry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 10:28
You'll be looking for a 'police saddle' which were not uncommon on T3's in Italy, and have made their way onto various 'converted to Californias'. Should fit the G5 and any other Tonti of the era, perhaps with some minor adjustment - generally they are fitted in conjunction with a solo rack, I think, and there are a series of fitments which make the whole plot fit together. Have a peruse of the Cali T3 Polizia supplement parts list.

These parts seem to be more readily availably (but not necessarily _commonly_ available) in Italy, so joining a T3/Cali T3 Facebook group might yield what you want, or learning the words (or part numbers) you need to search for on ebay.it ...

hth.
Barry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 10:31
P.S.    I know of at least one Cali owner in this group who has a solo seat fitted. If needs be, they might provide a photo of necessary fittings.

FlyingTiger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlyingTiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 11:25
Thanks chaps - I will start the search
Mark Serj
Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 22:49
NB: the original Italian Police seat uses the two tangs on top of the top frame rails, if you have a hinge-up dualseat it's these tangs are the hooks that the catch goes under to hold the seat down. Well those same also have holes in them, for? Yes attaching the rear support brackets for the rear of the solo Police seat ...

Did have a picture but can't find it .....

"Chicken nuggets don't dance on a Tuesday."
FlyingTiger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlyingTiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 09:43
thanks all for info. Reckon i will be making one
Mark Serj
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic