guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Big Block Tonti
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New LM1 switch for sale right here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 07:55
No, I didn't mean that switch compared to a broken one, I meant compared to a working alternative which looked reasonable.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
Chris950s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris950s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 08:08
Originally posted by GuzziPaul GuzziPaul wrote:

I had a LM1 in the early 80s the the left hand switch gear fell to bits whilst I was on holiday in Wales. I had to ride back from Llandudno to Conwy at night without any lights. After that I put Honda MB50 switchgear on. the bike must have been about 5 or 6 years old at the time.
I had a similar problem, no lights, just outside Portsmouth trying to get the ferry to France at night. I parked under a streetlight and took the LH switch apart and tried to solder the wire that had come off with a cigarette lighter. When that didn't work I tie-wrapped the flash button so the headlight worked and also tie-wrapped the rear brake light switch as well. I had lights and got to the ferry terminal just in time to catch the overnight ferry.
Chris and Karen - Essex
2011 Stelvio NTX, 1974 950S (750S replica nearly rebuilt!), 1966 Triumph T100SS 58 years young this year!
Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 00:05
Spookily similar, I did similar with my first Meriden Triumph 750. Had just put a Polaris fairing on but then first time out, at night in the dark, the loom got pinched in the left steering lock stop. Blew the only fuse. Fixed it by wrapping foil round it (can't remember where that came from) but then daren't turn the lights on, so rode home holding down the high-beam flasher and riding the rear brake pedal. True. Big smile

Originally posted by Brian UK Brian UK wrote:

I suspect the watchers are only doing so out of morbid curiosity to see if anyone is daft enough to pay that price.

Originally posted by Barry Barry wrote:

Ha! What's Italian for chutzpah

It could be faccia tosta.

"Chicken nuggets don't dance on a Tuesday."
Barry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 07:02
Originally posted by Mike H Mike H wrote:

Originally posted by Barry Barry wrote:

Ha! What's Italian for chutzpah

It could be faccia tosta.

The stuff you learn here, huh?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic