guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Introduction > Introduce yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Belgium checking in

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mingh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Belgium checking in
    Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 20:20
Hi all

I am based between antwerp and bruges and spend not enough time and too much money on bikes. Most are mountainbike but the garage is packed with a 1974 laverda 1000, a 1973 bultaco alpina 350 and an ural outfit that is impossible to date. And since some days a guzzi. It's a 1976 850 t3 with a 950 big bore kit, and lots of non standard parts. Just what i wanted. After getting it registered i'll give it a good shake down and intend to use it as my commuter bike.

Cheers from beer country.
Ken-Guzzibear View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken-Guzzibear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 20:43
Welcome  nice stable too
The Older i Get, The Better I Was
V7Chris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote V7Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 21:22
Great collection. Welcome
Barry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 08:21
Hello and welcome!
Mingh View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mingh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 21:56
Thanks.

I am not a collector. I am preparing to sell the bultaco. Since getting the ural, the bultaco doesn't see much action anymore. It's way too noisy to take into the dirt roads around where i live. Animals and pedestrians respond very negatively to it. With the ural outfit the kids can join the ride too. And so far it has been reliable and easy to fix but it has a very open lubrication system. Oil doesn't get the chance to run dark ;-)

As for the Laverda: it's fully original save for a long clutch arm and better breathing (jota exhaust system and bell inlets). I had a jota before but i like the regular 3c much better. It is still more than a handful but it is not as exhausting in normal traffic. I swore to never sell The 3c.

Eager to hit the open road with the guzzi. Hoping it makes my 30 km commute safe and fun. I had a modern bmw once and didn't like it at all. Ever since it's only old bikes for me.  
Interested in hearing your stories.

Edited by Mingh - 10 Feb 2019 at 21:59
johnno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 12:51
Hi and welcome Thumbs Up
1100 sport corsa , Yam R1, guzzi 650tt rider
helmetbolt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helmetbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 07:09
Hello, and welcome to the forum.
2001 California Special. (Modified)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic