guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Introduction > Introduce yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Member from the New Forest

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guzzino
Guzzino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Member from the New Forest
    Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 14:01
Hi all, currently not a Guzzi rider but have been interested in a Griso pretty well since it was launched! I have been riding and owning many bikes includiing Tuonos, Kawasaki's, most recently a GS1200 on which I did a lot of predictable touring and camping to Southern Spain and the Isle of Man. I returned to sports bikes about three years ago and purchased a 4XV '99 Yamaha R1 having rather stupidly sold my first one some years ago. The R1 has taken me back to the Island again but I cannot get the thought of owning a metallic green Griso with the brown seat out of my mind!!Wink
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Jerry atric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry atric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 14:08
Welcome. Go for it.
sardineone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sardineone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 15:51
Welcome to the board.  You have been warned about Guzzi's haven't you???  When you park one they garner lots of attention.  Be prepared for "I used to know someone that used to ride a Guzzi", "Who makes that?" (Here in the US my favorite reply, "Harley-Davidson")Wink , "I didn't know they still made Moto Guzzi's", "Where to you get it worked on?" ("My Garage") .  Thumbs Up 
George

One owner 86' Lemans 1000 (member of the family) / BMW R1200ST (current work horse)

You are what you have ridden!
Zecis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zecis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 17:23
Now I wonder what would happen if both were in your garage - the R1 and the Griso. How many here think that after a year or so the R1 would be looking for a new home?

Seriously, I was a Honda man, I got my first Guzzi, and the Griso was a serious contender, but in the end I went for a 1200 sport. I can honestly say I have no desire whatsoever to go back to anything Honda or indeed Japanese now.

Regards Adam
Located near Stonehenge
...A 1200sport (2 valve with stage 1), Daytona RS, and a Centauro GT (the last one is for sale if you are interested)
sardineone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sardineone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 17:38
I haven't owned a Japanese bike since buying my Guzzi in 1987, but I have had 2 Triumphs and 1 BMW since then.  So I am swayed toward Euro bikes for the handling feel, community, and the panache. Cool
George

One owner 86' Lemans 1000 (member of the family) / BMW R1200ST (current work horse)

You are what you have ridden!
johnno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 17:53
Hi and welcome Thumbs Up I could easily live with a griso and R1 Thumbs Up
1100 sport corsa , Yam R1, guzzi 650tt rider
Ken-Guzzibear View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken-Guzzibear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 18:38
Welcome to this forum, It is difficult to give you an answer really. Guzzis are very different from sports bikes, more comfortable that is for sure, Totally different riding experience, as is any large bore V Twin. The top end is alot lower BUT it is made up for in  the torque and use able power range. As always find one, try it as with many V Twins they are not to every ones taste, the weird thing is IF you get it and the Guzzi bug bites pretty soon you WILL own 2 or more .....tis a well known fact
The Older i Get, The Better I Was
Android View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Android Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 11:07
Good Day Rednine
Andy P here from Frogham (on the Forest) 
Saw one of those green ones at Motorbiking in Christchurch a while back....yep very niceThumbs Up
I opted for the 1200 Sport.
See you out there 
You can't buy happiness,
But can buy a bike and that's pretty close!
Moto Guzzi 1200 Sport
Barry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 11:09
Hello and welcome!
Rednine View Drop Down
Guzzino
Guzzino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 11:15
Thanks very much for all the replies. I know when I had my last R1 and a Tuono Factory together, the Tuono was always the "go to" bike but nothing to do with comfort! The R1 for me is both comfortable and effortless for long journeys, it was just the grin factor was greater on the Tuono. Big smile I have had four BMs and enjoyed each, but a Guzzi is definitely missing from the bucket list. Wink
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
helmetbolt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helmetbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 07:09
Hi, and welcome to the forum.
2001 California Special. (Modified)
Jeanette View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeanette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 21:22
Hello Rednine, well for me moto guzzi V50, Mk 11 and honda benly 200 1979, both beautiful bikesWink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic