guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Introduction > Introduce yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Intro and HELP please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guzzino
Guzzino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grisocaferacer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Intro and HELP please
    Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 18:17
HELP!  I've bought a Griso 8V 57 plate and I love it.  BUT I was working on it and removed the airbox, carefully noting the routing of the various pipes etc.  I've been modifying the rear subframe etc to give it a Cafe Racer look and some 8 weeks later I'm reassembling the airbox and despite taking many photos etc I can't see where the Gearbox breather Pipe connects to.  The photos that I've taken suggest the pipe connects to the breather plug situated just behind the right throttle body, at the top of the gearbox via a clip, is routed/tied up the blowback pipe/clutch hydraulic hose and then cuts across the frame tube/rectangular bracket welded on to the cross tube which the tank is bolted to and then just sticks out the left side of the bike.  It is normal 10mm rubber fuel pipe type material.  I just can't think why it would just stick out there, left hanging?

Has anyone got a Griso and can track the routing of this pipe as its holding me up from putting it back together again.

Many thanks in advance Thumbs Up

Martin
Cafe Racer Griso
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 20:11
The gearbox breather does not connect to the airbox, it is just routed to the top and is open to atmosphere.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
Grisocaferacer View Drop Down
Guzzino
Guzzino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grisocaferacer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 21:52
Than you so much, it didn't make sense that it didn't connect somewhere but if thats how it works, then so be it.
only just seen this as our wi-fi is playing up but thanks for a prompt reply.  Great to have the support of similar minded enthusiasts

Cheers!
Cafe Racer Griso
johnno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 06:51
Hi and welcome , love a  Griso Thumbs Up
1100 sport corsa , Yam R1, guzzi 650tt rider
Barry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 08:15
Hello and welcome!
Guzzino
Guzzino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grisocaferacer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 15:27
Hi folks, this is the first forum I've registered to and already been very helpful regarding a breather pipe above.  As I said I'm modifying a Griso, cafe racer style as a project.  I've uploaded a video to keep my pals updated on progress.  It may not be your thing if you're Moto Guzzi purists but if you're interested, check it out.

Martin
Cafe Racer Griso
johnno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 17:40
Well i for one enjoyedThumbs Up
Ken-Guzzibear View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken-Guzzibear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 17:59
There is almost a tune there "The breather don't connect to the air .... box ..!"  s' ok gettin' m' coat 
The Older i Get, The Better I Was
Guzzino
Guzzino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grisocaferacer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 18:01
Thanks Johno, if you subscribe you'll get notifications of next upload.  1-8 is on there already, 9-10 are part edited and coming soon.  Please feel free to point out any dodgy practices or fopahs Smile
Cafe Racer Griso
Guzzi1000SE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guzzi1000SE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 21:17
Hi Martin, I have started watching the videos and the first thing I noticed is that your garage is soooo much cleaner and tidier than mine. I have to say I wouldn't have the bottle to state cutting and modifying the frame on my bike. lastly I hope your being careful when welding you don't want to damage the electrics or electronic components. I will continue watching and can't wait to see the finished project.
johnno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 22:16
Originally posted by Guzzi1000SE Guzzi1000SE wrote:

Hi Martin, I have started watching the videos and the first thing I noticed is that your garage is soooo much cleaner and tidier than mine. I have to say I wouldn't have the bottle to state cutting and modifying the frame on my bike. lastly I hope your being careful when welding you don't want to damage the electrics or electronic components. I will continue watching and can't wait to see the finished project.
ive watched 1-8 and very much enjoyed .Like Guzzi1000SE i worried about electronics ,did you disconnect battery and ECU ? .
The early video had me worried when you were on about transformer,but then sub titles corrected you lol.Thumbs Up
helmetbolt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helmetbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 06:54
Hello, and welcome to the forum.
2001 California Special. (Modified)
Guzzino
Guzzino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grisocaferacer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 09:14
Yes I disconnected the battery, so considered all electrics isolated.  Welding is done now so time will tell.  Yes, coils used to look like white plastic sealed red bull cans on all things japanese so was surprised for a few minutes to see what looked like a transformer ha ha
Cafe Racer Griso
Jeanette View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeanette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 21:16
I can't answer your question but noticed you are also new to the forum so hello
Guzzino
Guzzino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grisocaferacer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 09:11
Hello to you too Jeanette, I guess we're the new kids on the block
Cafe Racer Griso
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic