guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > CARC models
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

clocks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2019 at 16:46
Carmo in the Nederlands repairs them. From what I have also now read here, Scorpio in East Anglia is another possibility. Cost rather less than a new set, but still pricey, depending on the fault no doubt.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
c13pep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c13pep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2019 at 17:58
Stu put a pricelist up on the other clocks thread (breva dashboards) and as said by others cost could still be eye watering

CHRIS
you can`t have any fun in a straight line

Monza
Honda CB77 project

stu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2019 at 15:03
For as much info as you can get, I'd also look at Aprilia. So, instead of Breva or Griso in your search use Aprilia. Aprilia User Code / Misting / Diagnostic / Transponder etc...

Repairs depend on the fault (I've just annoyed myself with that statement Embarrassed ). If you willing to take them apart and have a go, you could save a ton of dosh. And break them even more, but that's the fun.

Worst case is they're broken anyway and will cost between £70 and skys the limit. I know what I'd do Cool

It's a Guzzi. Smile
Breva 1100 ABS 2006
E-Plus 20 Inch Folding Electric Bike 2018 :p
Royal Enfield Himalayan ABS 2019
melonman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melonman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 12:23
Just done a trip through europe.
My lcd on my 1200 sport clocks only came on for 1 hour in 7 days but no effect on the bike so happy biker .
Craig
Tris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 18:27
Bravo Craig.

Glad you had a good time

The question is now, how long will you ride the bike until the missing LCD functions annoy you enough to fix it

Took me about 18 months 😁
2017 V9 Roamer
2005 Breva 1100 - sold
1994 California - sold
melonman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melonman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 18:37
I know what you mean tris
But we will see
Just glad to ride the bike and enjoy it
If the lcd annoys me i may come a calling on you 😁
Tris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 18:43
You'd be welcome Craig.

2017 V9 Roamer
2005 Breva 1100 - sold
1994 California - sold
melonman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melonman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 18:46
Bacon sarnies ?????
stu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 19:07
Do you still have your old LCD Tris?

Managed to get myself another set of clocks in need of some repair.

The case has suffered cracking over the years and the Sun and heat discoloured the plastics. Water ingress is apparent especially on the side stand side (RPM). The lower portion having suffered the most.

[EDIT UPDATE] Heated Grips require engine running, I tested with engine not running! Doh!
I'm unable to start the heated grips function, even though all boots up. I've removed the affected transistors (3) from the lower rear of the PCB which hasn't effected the boot up of the dash. I think this area is heated grip control, simply as I don't have that function.

The LCD connection has also suffered some corrosion although working when I received it, once removed from it's connection and reseated it didn't. I had cleaned some of the corrosion but no joy. The connecting strip with the white backing did have some good copper further in. So I cut a 1mm (ish) strip off the connector end most affected with corrosion and after a little twiggle, the LCD is working.

Possibly worth a try snipping a straight line of 1mm or so as the strip should still fold in and seat properly.

Thumbs Up

Edited by stu - 12 Jul 2019 at 17:44
Breva 1100 ABS 2006
melonman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melonman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 19:30
No idea what this all means
But god im impressed !!!!
stu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 22:01
Been watching the prices of clocks going up and just don't think they're worth it.

Quite a few coming off bikes being broken for spares. The condition of these clocks is unknown at best regardless of description.

I think that the basic functions to start the bike are independent of the auxiliary functions. So having a set of clocks boot up won't really tell you much of their actual condition.

This new set of clocks would fail soon after a rain fall with the corrosion they already have suffered and the cracks in the case.

I'm hoping to repair the Heated Grip function. [EDIT UPDATE] Heated Grips only function whilst engine running. I tested with engine not running!

There are a few Breva/Norge of flebay going at a reasonable price as either high mileage or spare repair that may be a better bet for all the spares you need. But at the same time, those potential spare may be need of repair too.

As for the clocks. I think it's best to go for preventative measures from the get go as once they start to show signs of failure it may be getting too late. Their case leaves a lot to be desired when calling upon it to give weather protection.

Oh no! A video! LOL 16:50 for corrosion.

Edited by stu - 12 Jul 2019 at 17:43
Breva 1100 ABS 2006
c13pep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c13pep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 12:49
That is one of the best videos I`ve seen in a long time and answered all my questions on how to disassemble the clocks to fit a MPH overlay, although my teeth were on edge when I saw the dentists pick being used
Many thanks Stu for taking the time to produce it

CHRIS
you can`t have any fun in a straight line

Monza
Honda CB77 project

stu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 13:40
No worries, I keep my teeth in a cup. Embarrassed

I've toyed with printing a dial face myself. Ink may be an issue with the clocks out in all weathers. The silver dial separator can be used to hold down just an overlay of the speedo as all other dials are ok.

If you need an MPH dial template I can photo to scale my dial and email it you. PM if needed.

Smile

Breva 1100 ABS 2006
melonman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melonman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 14:12
Spot on vid Stu
If only i had the kahoonas to do it.
Just sorting out a new rear tyre after puncturing mine in france.gonna try a z8 as the front z6 still has decent tread.
Got just short of 10000 miles out of the z6 rear.
Hopefully i can then get the clocks to you 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁
stu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 16:42
Pilot Road 4 on mine but only done a few hundred miles on it so can't recommend. Pretty sure I go with Michelin most of the time. Pirelli on the Himalayan and they're reassuring.

Kettles on Thumbs Up
Breva 1100 ABS 2006
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819>
  Share Topic