FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Guzzi Owner With OCD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Ken-Guzzibear View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken-Guzzibear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Guzzi Owner With OCD
    Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 10:42
As has been said Guzzis are made to cover 100k miles with basic servicing, change the oil regularly they just work good used spares look at Reboot and Gutsibits new they also have and the new parts Motomecca ...that is a low miles bike ...Welcome and enjoy your Guzzi ....
The Older i Get, The Better I Was
Crapaud View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crapaud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 11:29
Welcome, i live not far from fantasy island, in civilisation. :D
You're welcome to pm me if you're over and stuck near dinan, or just fancy a coffee.
V7Chris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote V7Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 11:20
Welcome
Barry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 08:12
Hello and welcome.
johnno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 07:09
Hi and welcomeThumbs Up
1100 sport corsa , Yam R1, guzzi 650tt rider
helmetbolt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helmetbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 06:47
Hello, and welcome to the forum.
2001 California Special. (Modified)
Culusjz View Drop Down
Guzzino
Guzzino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Culusjz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 18:02
Thank you for all your replies, Jersey is small that is why I have to get off the Island just spent this year in Aug three and a half weeks going around Europe went through Switzerland, Italy, Slavonia, Austria,  Slovakia, Czechia, Poland, Germany, Belgium, France. This was on my Honda Crossrunner which I do like but felt I could do with a bit more weather protection and comfort and that is how we are where we are with the new bike. Next year want to go back to the UK have been there many times before love ScotlandSmile

Edited by Culusjz - 26 Nov 2018 at 18:07
Culusjz View Drop Down
Guzzino
Guzzino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Culusjz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 17:46
Thanks for the ideas I will give them a try, I will tend to its needs over the winter ThanksBig smile

Edited by Culusjz - 26 Nov 2018 at 18:06
Culusjz View Drop Down
Guzzino
Guzzino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Culusjz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 17:44
I tried a friends pan-european and found it to heavy wanted something lighter but also reliable and in Jersey you don't get the choices of second hand bikes like you do in the UK also the Nourge was a 2013 with 8500 and less than £4000 overall it looks in good condition.Geek
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 15:00
The Norge headlight is a sealed unit, no chance of putting silica gel inside or mopping the inside of the lens with anything.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
jefrs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jefrs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 14:33
To be reliable all bikes have to be maintained. 

Have you tried oiling the spring in the footrest. 

The condensation disappears once the headlamp warms up. 
A packet of silica gel will absorb moisture in the headlamp shell, behind the headlamp unit. It will get used up and need drying out or replacing.
If you can mop the inside of the headlamp lens with iso-proply alcohol it will clean it. But avoid getting it on the reflector as it may damage the coating. It's used for cleaning camera lenses.

Elephants have long lives and long memories, and they can get offended, so be nice to it and tend to its needs.

Yes, what was wrong with the Honda?  Apart from being soulless.
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 14:26
Many Guzzi engines are known to have exceeded 200k miles if that helps. How far can you go on Jersey? Wink

Condensation inside the headlight? Not heard of that before. I would suggest removing the rubber covers on the back of the headlight and leaving it in a dry place for a bit. There are vents on the back which should prevent it misting, but check as far as you can the joint between the clear plastic front and the headlamp body.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
Jim Mac View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 14:22
The 8v Norge is a totally dependable bike.  you have a 2013 model so should be no flat tappet issues (but always worth a comfort check).  at 8500 miles it is a baby.  I only have 34000 miles on mine, and issues have all in effect been fairly minimal  and cheap to fix myself.   

Never had a condensation issue, suspect it is from sitting about too much, the heat from the lamps should burn it off.   footpeg sounds like a little return spring is broken, i swopped the pegs when i got the bike to drop them a bit.

I love my Norge, took it to Mandello in June, ran faultessly all day, every day at whatever speed i could get away with.

Had A Cali before it, would get another Norge tomorrow if i was looking for another bike - my Norge is white as well, best looking colour.

Enjoy it
V85 TT Trzvel    BMW R45
Too old to die young
BobV7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobV7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 13:55
What was wrong with the Honda?
V7 Classic Black and gold was the best. But green & black was nice too. Now blue is in!
Culusjz View Drop Down
Guzzino
Guzzino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Culusjz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 12:48

Hi 

I'm a noob to the Moto Guzzi World, Let me tell you bit about myself I like touring have been ridding for over 40years but I do have a bit of an OCD about bikes I.E all my bike must be reliable (I Know thats an open question) I have just bought a 2013 Norge 8v gt with 8500 miles 

I have just noticed condensation in the front headlight lens (whats that going to cost) and the passenger foot rest does not stay in the up position which I know are really small issues to most but on looking for parts have not found one site.

Also when looking at Honda Pan-European and typing mileage you get 70,000 90,000 150,000 what kind of mileage can you expect from a Norge

Sorry for such long entro

Just hoping I haven't bought a white elephant and yes it is white.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic