guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Big Block Tonti
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cali ev fule filter change

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cugsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cali ev fule filter change
    Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 18:03
Fool filter?  What a pain in the arse. They must have had a laugh when they shoved that bloody filter under the tank and said 'loosena that you eenglisha git'.  Lots of wd40 and swearing and a boot full of stale petrol when it came out.  But the new one is in and I think the old one must be donkey years old. I undid the fuel tap and there was a dollop of rusty poop in there too.  Fingers crossed it will run better. But I think the tank will need a proper cleaning soon.  Hey ho
Due to italian electrickery I am saying nowt. Despite nearly giving the Vstrom away the honda has gone...
cugsy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cugsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 17:47
I made sure to drain the tank of all the fuel. I could hear rusty bits inside and try as I could I got some out but not all. I'll have to live with it. All back together and started up first prod with very little choke. Then off to filler her up with some new dinosaur juice and a run up and down the A11. Apart from one big hiccup and fart at 4000rpm she was fine.  Yummy
Due to italian electrickery I am saying nowt. Despite nearly giving the Vstrom away the honda has gone...
Graham FR View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham FR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 08:48
So I might be seeing you in France yet Thumbs Up
cugsy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cugsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 15:23
I can't think what I haven't fixed/rebuilt/replaced/modded or had serviced. I'm sure there's something Luigi has in store.  As regards France Graham, it might happen. But we (meaning she made me) are off to the good old US of A for our 25th wedding thingy next year. I might be skint!  Queen Mary or Lusitania or summat. 
red leader one View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red leader one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 20:56
The US of A, don't eat the cheese.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic