guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Small Blocks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nevada handlebars

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Guzzino
Guzzino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackeagles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 15:39
Hi.  I may be a bit thick (most likely) but I don't see how you lowered the foot pegs.  I have a 2006 Nevada and I would like to do this but they bolt directly to the frame and there is only an inch or so before they would foul the pipes - all I can find that is ready made is this by EMP www.empmotorparts.nl/en/footpeg-lowering-sets/footpeg-lowering-set-black
George S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 17:19
Hi I will take photos of foot rests tonight and try to explain what I did.
Only down and back about one inch but suits me fine 

George

1994 Nevada
1962 Lightweight ducati Bevel Single
Son's 1990 1000S to borrow any time
George S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 21:08
My Nevada is a 750cc 1994 model.
Did not like the wide footrests. Fitted rear footrests including bracket to front bracket with long bolt going through both brackets and foot peg. Made angle piece to stop bracket twisting and left in rear fixing footrest bolt so as to not lose it.
This put new foot peg about one inch lower and one inch further back, not a lot but made it more comfortable for me. lowered brake and gear change pedals.
Fitted cheap pillion foot rests £10 on eBay.
Can all be changed back to standard anytime.

George

1994 Nevada
blackeagles View Drop Down
Guzzino
Guzzino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackeagles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 16:20
You know, thats bloody brilliant!!

I think I may give that a go over winter, although I may use something with a hole in it, like a fat metal ferrule to go back into the space the footrest came from and the bolt could pass through.

jefrs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jefrs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 19:10
You did a good job there.
I don't lack the skill but I do lack the time and effort. Which is why I opted for the Knight Design. I don't know if you can see the 2-in drop well. They do ones with deeper and shallower drops but not with the rubber foot that matches the original. Of course this requires dropping the pedals which is another issue.

nab301 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nab301 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 19:52
Originally posted by George S George S wrote:

Hi I will take photos of foot rests tonight and try to explain what I did.
Only down and back about one inch but suits me fine 

Thanks for posting!
Nigel
Keep smiling , it makes people wonder what you've been up to!
'19 CB125F,

'18 DL250 SUZUKI V STROM,'99 Bmw R1100S, '03Bullet 65 500, '93 MZ301 Saxon fun (offroad)
Scousus maximus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scousus maximus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 18:06
Hi,
Hope these images work.
I got these off the big shopping site and they did the job for me on my V7 Stone. Been on about 10,000 miles now and no problems. Described as Aprilia Mana 850 parts made by MC Motorparts for the riser/dropper and described as Universal CNC billet footpegs, can't remember seller's name.
About £50 the lot and worth every penny for my comfort!
The riser/dropper rotates giving 360 degrees of 40mm throw so quite a range of adjustment, The brake pedal peg was cut down from the black piece shown. I made it to give me a bigger area to find in a panic.
Hope this is useful,

Regards,

John

ps click image for zoom in

2012 V7 Stone
red leader one View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red leader one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 19:32
Very neat.
jefrs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jefrs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 12:34
You cannot see the other side of my V7ii but I fitted one of these to the brake as I reckon italians must have tiny toes and I need a brake lever I can get more than my big toe onto.  That required me to fabricate an adjuster for the rear brake lever; after a couple of false-starts it's now a hefty steel bracket some 5mm thick with an M5 adjustment screw and lock nut.

jefrs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jefrs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 12:44
Originally posted by George S George S wrote:

Photos of Nevada with new handlebars. 
Might not win a beauty contest but bike is now a delight to ride. Should even start using sides of tyres now.Clap

That's a lovely looking bike now. 

Something I've been told is that high bars cause back ache.  Also that the ends of the bars should not be higher than inboard, "donkey ears", as this twists the arms and rotates the shoulders, causing back ache again. I try to fit the bars with the grips horizontal or the ends slightly lowered. 
Fitting is very personalised so what ever suits you is best.

George S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 16:40
"That's a lovely looking bike now.  

Something I've been told is that high bars cause back ache.  Also that the ends of the bars should not be higher than inboard, "donkey ears", as this twists the arms and rotates the shoulders, causing back ache again. I try to fit the bars with the grips horizontal or the ends slightly lowered.  
Fitting is very personalised so what ever suits you is best."

Thanks for compliment. Have been thinking of rotating bars to make grips horizontal. Trouble is Nevada tank is high so I will have to reduce turning lock to prevent bars hitting tank. Something I might do if long journeys prove to be uncomfortable

George

1994 Nevada
johnno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 17:14
Hi George can you do me a favour and measure the length of your rear shocks eye to eye please Thumbs Up 
1100 sport corsa , Yam R1, guzzi 650tt rider
George S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 18:12
Originally posted by johnno johnno wrote:

Hi George can you do me a favour and measure the length of your rear shocks eye to eye please Thumbs Up 

Hi Johnno with bike on centre stand wheel clear of ground shocks centre to centre of eyes 390 mm
George

1994 Nevada
johnno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 19:32
Topman it's given me an idea with me xpa 750Thumbs Up 
1100 sport corsa , Yam R1, guzzi 650tt rider
George S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 21:14
Originally posted by johnno johnno wrote:

Topman it's given me an idea with me xpa 750Thumbs Up 

According to my workshop manual different rear shocks on 750XPA 
Original fitted were Marzocchi with 5 position manual setting pre-load
Centre to centre eyes 370mm stroke 115.5mm
George

1994 Nevada
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic