guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Small Blocks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

v9 Bobber resources

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Guzzino
Guzzino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noelbp66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: v9 Bobber resources
    Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 13:39
Hello everyone!
Can anyone help me with finding information about service codes for my v9?  The owners manual is lacking a lot of information, or has things in a different language.  For instance, my engine light came on and I cannot find any reference to it in my owners manual!  I want to know why it came on without a lengthly trip to the shop...any way I can check / clear it myself?
Thanks,
Brian
noelbp66 View Drop Down
Guzzino
Guzzino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noelbp66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 00:23
Anyone?
BobV7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobV7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 07:47
Hi Brian

Please don't think folks on here are just ignoring you, it's more likely that no one here knows the answer to your question. I'm sure if anyone knew you'd get a response and good luck with finding the information you want. 
V7 Classic Black and gold was the best. But green & black was nice too. Now blue is in!
noelbp66 View Drop Down
Guzzino
Guzzino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noelbp66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 09:37
Thanks Bob...
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 10:08
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
noelbp66 View Drop Down
Guzzino
Guzzino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noelbp66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 23:29
Brian,
I have a copy of this but there is no mention of the check engine light.  There is some discussion of how to rest an error code, but only for the Roamer.  I assume the Roamer because the dash it completely different...two gauges to the Bobber's one gauge. 
Is it safe to assume the check engine light is similar to a cars?  Is this possibly emission related...o2 sensor...ect?

Thanks,
c13pep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c13pep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 09:17

Is it safe to assume the check engine light is similar to a cars?  Is this possibly emission related...o2 sensor...ect?

It`s a Guzzi don`t assume anything

CHRIS
you can`t have any fun in a straight line

Monza
Honda CB77 project

BobV7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobV7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 09:35
You might have a point there Chris, it's hard to say. I've had a FatDuc O2 thing fitted for at least five years now and every so often the engine light comes on, but a mile or so later it goes off again. Never had any engine problems.

Brian. The above may or may not be relevant and you didn't say if it's on all the time or just comes and goes.
V7 Classic Black and gold was the best. But green & black was nice too. Now blue is in!
noelbp66 View Drop Down
Guzzino
Guzzino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noelbp66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 00:42
BobV7,
It came on about 3 miles from home and has stayed on.  I didn't know if I should drive it till I figured it out, but at this point it's either back to the shop (not close and will be there a while) or figure it out myself.
BobV7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobV7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 07:14
I don't know what your consumer rights are but if the bike is still under warranty I'd want the dealer to sort it out.
Mick View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 19:26
Hello Noel.

I am having the same trouble with the manual for my V9 Roamer. So it is not just me.
    The manual is vague in several ways. It is not helped by being a thick manual split into various languages.  One  manual in one language for each country would be better and, presumably easier to read because the print would be larger.

I have asked questions about this on another post on this forum - under New Member/v9 Roamer. where you will find the answers received.

What tool kit did you get with the Bobber ?

How do you like the bike?

Ride safe,
     Cheers Mick
Ride safe
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 20:09
The only way you will be able to sort this yourself will be to download a copy of Guzzidiag and buy the two connecting cables for it. Then you will be able to see what the fault is.
But under warranty? Get it sorted by the dealer.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
red leader one View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red leader one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 20:14
I assume it's a few hundred miles to a dealer so if they won't fetch it is there any possibility of you trailering it to them?
stu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 20:29
Little bit late on this topic but thought I'd chime in with my first post.

I'm going to suggest a Service Interval light. Check mileage. The clocks in the manual link in Brian UK's post are generic V7 photo (page 109 Supplement page), I think all V9's are single clocks.

Not much help, but we'll get there.
c13pep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c13pep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 10:52
Did we get a final solution to this thread, it would be nice to think so
CHRIS
you can`t have any fun in a straight line

Monza
Honda CB77 project

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic