guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Introduction > Introduce yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daytona RS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemsport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daytona RS
    Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 18:44
After an agonisingly long time away from two wheeled Italian exotica I would like to introduce my dream motorcycle I fell in love with when I visited Cobb & Jagged in Shipley all those years ago...... Already a V65 GT long term owner, and enjoying a few super bikes from the land of the rising sun, sorry, my Dad and I drove a long journey down to the outskirts of London last weekend to view/relocate this very intoxicating Red Head...... My first date today acquainting ourselves with a ride from Workington out to Keswick and a return the far side of Bassenthwaite Lake..... All very familiar roads, and I am totally smitten. A proper bike! As with most ageing Guzzis there is an increasing list of things to do.....BUT what an engine!!! So I can't help asking. Any Sport 1100 or Daytona owners frequenting the Northern parts of GB? One happy boy!!!
Regrettably my initial images will not upload...... far too much resolution? I guess that just sums up the RS!? LOL
helmetbolt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helmetbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 10:20
Hello, and welcome to the forum.
2001 California Special. (Modified)
johnno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 11:33
Hi and welcome a few of us run 1100 sports on here . The RS is a dream bike and if I had room I would buy Thumbs Up
1100 sport corsa , Yam R1, guzzi 650tt rider
musto777 View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musto777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 14:56
Bizarre, I have just joined this forum and read your post. I went to Cobb & Jagger in 1995 several times to look at an 1100 Sport (carb) still got the sales brochures, but in the end I could not get on with the long throttle. Nagging desires remained and so I have just acquired an 1100 Sport Injection. I live near Preston and would love to see your bike in the flesh so to speak.
Hemsport View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemsport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 06:56

Ahhh, so you have the same affliction too!? The Sport inj was my initial choice, but it's funny how opportunity manifests it self .....What colour is your Sport? I'll be green with envy if your reply is "Yellow"!

Would be great to catch up with you with the bikes at some point. Perhaps a stop off at Devil's bridge? Something to certainly consider for the future, weather permitting obviously!
musto777 View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musto777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 07:07
Funnily enough, she was blonde originally but her previous lover prefers goths. So she is now known as black beauty. She is currently off the road while I sort a few minor items. When are you likely to be at the bridge next, if possible I will nip up and have an envious look 
Hemsport View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemsport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 19:16
Black beauty eh....How dare the previous custodian dare to dye a blonde to black!!
I keep hankering to change the Red head RS to a fairer haired temptress.....Oh no, screams from the purists I here you all say!! A yellow RS would be a sight to behold me thinks......
RS presently minus wheels and rear brake disk....I shall let you know when she returns to the ground wearing some nice new sticky black boots. 😎
musto777 View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musto777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 19:33
Oh lord, please do not do it, that shade of hair colour is to dye for.

Black beauty had been wearing her earrings on top of her ears for a while now, one of her previous admirers must have liked a bit of Punk as well as a bit of Goth, either that or he was a bit limp wristed.

However, thanks to a Knight in shining armour from the far away Hills of Malvern, she has some proper drop bars on their way. So hopefully soon she will be properly dressed and may soon be able to go to the ball.
Hemsport View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemsport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 14:07
Hemsport View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemsport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 14:09
Hemsport View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemsport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 14:11
ClapPhoto upload sussed!
The "Red Head" in question...... Bella.
dan_s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dan_s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 16:26
For the lack of better words, I'd say, too cool
And happy rides

musto777 View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musto777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 16:54
The lady of the Lakes, Ciao Bella.

I guess I had better get my act together now and introduce her to Black Beauty.

red leader one View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red leader one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 20:52
We're going to have an A C Milan Guzzi love child.
Hemsport View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemsport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2018 at 12:59
Embarrassed Surely a Calcio Lecco lovechild? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic