guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Big Block Tonti
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cali ev rear shock horror

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cugsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cali ev rear shock horror
    Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 23:08
Seriously Luigi? I've got lots of stainless M6 and M8 fixings waiting to go on the bike especially the bolts for the top and bottom of the rear shocks. And you have to make them M feckin' 7. M7??  I'll say it again...M7.   Vafancula bastardo
Due to italian electrickery I am saying nowt. Despite nearly giving the Vstrom away the honda has gone...
Graham FR View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham FR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2018 at 09:28
I can sympathise with you I’m having an interesting time rebuilding a 1980 BMW airhead rear hub. 
But remember the Monty Python song from the life of Bryan, & things can only get better. Smile
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2018 at 10:29
The calliper bolts use a 7mm allen key. Try buying a set containing a 7mm key.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
cugsy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cugsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2018 at 10:35
Brian. The bolts are mm7and 1mm pitch. Whats that to do with allen keys may one arsk?
Due to italian electrickery I am saying nowt. Despite nearly giving the Vstrom away the honda has gone...
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2018 at 13:06
Odd sizes and Guzzi, that's all.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2018 at 20:43
This rings a bell - the early Tonti frames had M8, and I think the story was that the boss for the shock top eye had to be smaller because the shocks' specs / dimensions had changed. Hence the bolt had to be smaller. 

"Chicken nuggets don't dance on a Tuesday."
cugsy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cugsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2018 at 20:45
Well, gutsibits charge a fair chunk for them. I'll try my local bolt genius monday because one of them is mullered. I could tap it to m8 but iss too hottt.....
cugsy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cugsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 17:30
Found some M7 x 20mm skt cap heads for a quid a piece. Stainless too. I'll trim 'em. 

I used to have a small boss...........
Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 23:17
... then she went away LOL

"Chicken nuggets don't dance on a Tuesday."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic