guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Big Block Tonti
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LM2 Paint Scheme

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zambuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 18:38
Originally posted by hairythinbloke hairythinbloke wrote:

Thanks for the info on the "R" number, I'll have a look on mine when I get the chance, I don't recall seeing any though. Do you think it might be a reference to the factory "Engine boostup kit part No. 14 99 97 40" that used to be an option as it sounds like yours has all the right bits?
"I say Ding Dong" with you on that! fantastic stickers, good quality, from all ages. Marzocchi, Brembo, Dellorto, Agip, as well as the linked brakes sticker at very reasonable prices. Just what you need for that little bit of extra detail from the right period.Smile

Almost sure I've seen the R number on the T3/SP Cylinder heads. Not putting money on it but have seen them about.
The factory workshop manual for what may be for my Dad's bike is on Greg Benders site (1000 Le Mans 2). I think you are right, it appears to be the "go faster" Guzzi production racer kit plus the Agostini bits .
Wished I could get my hands on the orginal copy:

http://www.thisoldtractor.com/mg_manuals/workshop_manual_1000-le-mans-ii.pdf

Edited by Zambuck - 20 Apr 2018 at 18:41
1000 Le Mans II Agostini
Zambuck View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zambuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 17:11
Having checked the heads last week, it dawned on me that I had not put the cylinder head bolt o-rings that go between the rocker carrier and head. PIA, but thought it was a good opportunity to have a good look at the heads and see what there is to see.
First off a pic of the various cast and stamped cylinder head markings

A lot of engineering work has been to this head? Here we have 46.5mm inlet and 40mm exhaust valves - we are in 1000s / LM4 territory here? Or am I measuring this all wrong LOL

Edited by Zambuck - 21 Apr 2018 at 17:59
1000 Le Mans II Agostini
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic