guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Small Blocks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hyde M bars

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hyde M bars
    Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 18:25
Has anyone tried Norman Hyde M handlebars on a V7? I saw some today on a Triumph, and while they look a little strange they gave a comfortable position with more angle backwards that standard bars - more aligned with my wrists - and available in 22mm, chrome or black.
Andyb
BobV7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobV7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 22:20
I've only seen them advertised in 1" and not ⅞" but they look like the old BSA bars to me.

Hitchcocks, the Enfield parts people do something similar in a number of sizes.

Edited by BobV7 - 08 Apr 2018 at 22:26
V7 Classic Black and gold was the best. But green & black was nice too. Now blue is in!
Andyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 10:08
Thanks Bob, and at a much lower price! When I have hired REs abroad the riding position has always been comfortable and Hitchcocks do bars in a range of widths / rises.
Andyb
Hackney View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hackney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 10:00
I know I'm jumping in way after the event here but did you ever swap your bars out?
Andyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 18:44
Hi,
I think my arms have adapted to the standard Stone bars!  So left as it is for the moment
Andyb
jefrs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jefrs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 22:06
I moved the  Stone's bars and found a more comfortable position, by as little a 1 centimetre.
Same as I did on my Enfield.

It's really just a small change in the angle of grip. It was a bit counter-intuitive too, bringing the bars closer to me did the opposite of what I thought it would do and made them less comfortable for me.
iansoady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iansoady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2018 at 10:03
It's funny how small changes can make such a difference. I've had a dodgy shoulder for decades after a trials riding incident. With most bikes I need to stop and wave it around after 30 minutes or so. For some reason the V50 seems to fit me exactly (even though I'm 6'2") and have no trouble after an hour or more in the saddle.

A long time ago I had a set of "Jota" bars on the Commando but spent longer fiddling about trying to get the right adjustment than I did riding.
Ian
1952 Norton ES2
1986 Honda XBR500
1958-ish Greeves/Triumph in progress
jefrs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jefrs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 02:09
Enfield fit their bars to the yoke behind the steerer, which can make their reach and angle a bit odd on other bikes. Being mounted on other bikes they're going to be further away and higher than they are on an Enfield, so when you pull them back the grip angle may not be right.  
The V7 already has a longer reach than the Enfield, longer tank, and the Enfield bars go up and away from the tank before they bend back to the grips. Having bars pulled back with the grips angled down I expected them to be more comfortable but the opposite was true, it made things worse for me, ymmv.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic