guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Big Block Tonti
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cali EV Fuel Pump

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cali EV Fuel Pump
    Posted: 01 Apr 2018 at 20:02
Fired up my Cali EV today for the first time after giving it a full service and the fuel pump is making a continuous loud buzzing sound but seems to run okay.
I did change the fuel filter which was a German type which is a bit smaller than the UFI type which I got from Guzzibits.
Just wondering if the fuel pump is on it's way out
Jim Mac View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 09:15
it is possible to hear the pump running with engine started if you crouch down beside it, but if you can hear it over the engine noise that would be unusual i would think
V85 TT Trzvel    BMW R45
Too old to die young
Ken-Guzzibear View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken-Guzzibear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 10:12
Daft idea is this an internal or external filter? My filters were directional check it is correct my ev I hear the pump prime on ign on but nothing after that
The Older i Get, The Better I Was
The Count View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 10:34
Yep you can hear it over the engine noise.
The filter is an external one which has a arrow to show the fuel flow so you cannot get it the wrong way round.

Does anyone know if the fuel pump from a Cali Vintage is the same? If so I could take the one from my Vintage and try it out one the EV
DavieL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavieL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 10:48
My Cali fuel pump occasionally runs continuously for short periods but it usually sorts itself out after a riding around for a bit.  
The Count View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 14:36
Think I'll give that ago first
johnno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 14:58
I had this happen on me 1100 sport injection the pump kept running, it was the relay if I remember correctly
1100 sport corsa , Yam R1, guzzi 650tt rider
The Count View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 13:43
Found out what the problem was. 
A sticking fuel tap.
All sorted now and runs sweet 😀
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic