guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Loop Frames
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Odd pedal?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theone&onlymin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 16:30
Is this what you need or is it a gear change as there is no pedal ?

If not does anyone else need it ?

I have had a look at the Ambos etc and it appears not to be from these. Came in a box of Guzzi bits but what it is for I dunno.

Cheers
Min

Edited by theone&onlymin - 09 Mar 2018 at 22:14
Simmoto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simmoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 10:03
Thanks for the offer Min, not sure what that is, I need the spindle but I've ordered one, thanks.
Cheers
iansoady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iansoady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 10:54
Good job you didn't get the hacksaw out!
Ian
1952 Norton ES2
1986 Honda XBR500
1958-ish Greeves/Triumph in progress
Simmoto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simmoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 12:03
LOL, it was still a good idea Ian! My fault I looked at all of the part numbers but for the wrong models I guess.
Simmoto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simmoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 16:29
I do need a left hand side shifter for a bike with footpegs (gear lever) - I ordered one but it's the wrong part. Can anyone help locate one please?
Cheers
Simmoto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simmoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 18:20
And here's the proof - quite a larger diameter splined shaft for pegs pedal than boards. Why? i dunno. but there it is. Easy to change but the switch from boards to pegs is not quite as straightforward as I'd thought!

iansoady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iansoady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 10:38
That's a lot bigger. Like you, I wonder why.
Ian
1952 Norton ES2
1986 Honda XBR500
1958-ish Greeves/Triumph in progress
Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 11:19
Are the pedals different, boards vs pegs?

Only reason I can think of.

"Chicken nuggets don't dance on a Tuesday."
Simmoto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simmoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 21:37
Yeah the boards have a completely different arrangement with a short arm attached to the splined shaft and then a brake rod and short pedal - all integrated with the boards themselves. Who knows, seems a bit odd but there ya go. 

I would say that the pegs brake works better - perhaps due to  more leverage.

Amboman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amboman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 15:07
Some footboard equipped bikes also have a longer arm on the backing plate (vs. footpeg bikes).
Charlie
'69 Ambassador,'71 Ambassador,'73 Eldorado,'75 Eldorado police,'76 Convert,'77 Morini 3 1/2 Strada,'81 Ducati 500SL Pantah

http://www.AntietamClassicCycle.com
cyclobutch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyclobutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 17:25
My '72 Eldo has boards which I think could be after market - though I have seen others wearing similar. It has the real long brake pedal - on the right, and a slightly odd alloy rocker for the gears on the left. The front depresses to give up shifts and the heel part is real short ... awkward enough as is that I've clamped a block of wood on it for now whilst I think about fabricating something better.

Butch
V50 II - 'The Black Pearl'
T3 - 'Blue'
Eldo Loop - 'Jug'
Loopian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loopian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 18:25
Mg Cycle still sell an aftermarket footboard kit that uses existing brake and gear pedals for footpeg loops at a reasonable $274.95, however if your this side of the pond the customs, vat, postage, handling and I’m sure I’ve forgotten something which all pushes the price up somewhat.

Loopian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loopian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 18:34
You can I believe also reverse the gear shift pattern to fall in line with most other bikes, info on Greg’s site. Although I’m now so use to my loops that any other gear shift is just weird, It may well be to late for me!
Cheers Ian
Simmoto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simmoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 21:18
The standard rocker gearshift is longer at the front and short at the rear maybe no improvement but who cares they look good Wink. There are some NOS ones on EBay from the USA at eye watering prices - I made 3 offers all rejected and got one a lot cheaper elsewhere.

Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 09:25
Originally posted by Loopian Loopian wrote:

Mg Cycle still sell an aftermarket footboard kit that uses existing brake and gear pedals for footpeg loops at a reasonable $274.95, however if your this side of the pond the customs, vat, postage, handling and I’m sure I’ve forgotten something which all pushes the price up somewhat.

Try nearly double Ouch

"Chicken nuggets don't dance on a Tuesday."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic