guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Big Block Tonti
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

95 Cali 1100i ECU move / battery

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Drumnagorrach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumnagorrach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 95 Cali 1100i ECU move / battery
    Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 19:50
Thanks , that's a very useful link , there doesn't seem to be a battery slimmer than 87 mm so that must be the one to use . It would be great to use the 22 ah battery but at 200 mm long x 87 it might be a bit too long .It might have to be 18 ah ,which I think is original capacity anyway .
johnno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 16:46
Also check terminals for position , I bought a battery that fitted me sport but terminals were on opposite side which made connecting up abit of a pain
1100 sport corsa , Yam R1, guzzi 650tt rider
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 16:41
A new AGM type battery will have no problems cold starting. However, all batteries lose capacity as they age, so a smaller on has less to lose before it gets to the point of failing.

Check the size of the space you have available, work out what space you will have left for the battery with the ECU moved, and see what might fit.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
Drumnagorrach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumnagorrach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 14:40
Need a bit of advice from Cali owners who have moved the huge ECU on the 95 1100i Cali .
Now would be a good time for me to buy the slimmer battery for my Cali as the original Odyssey has deed and needs replacing .
Question is ,with the smaller battery ( whatever that is ) is there a cold starting problem in winter ?

Which battery gives enough room for the ECU to be slid alongside ?
At the moment I have re upholstered seats covering the ECU but I'm not really happy with the appearance and with the ECU moved any of the Guzzy seats could be fitted .
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic