guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > CARC models
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Finebau

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melonman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Finebau
    Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 17:59
Hi all
Does anyone know were i can get a finebau compensator for a breva 1100
And how easy is the install
I am in the uk
Thanks craig
Jim Mac View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 18:01
They ate 3asy to install, hardest part is getting the tank off. Don't know if they are currently being produced as the guy responsible was ill, others may be able to update
V85 TT Trzvel    BMW R45
Too old to die young
melonman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melonman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 18:10
Thanks reply
May try guzzidiag 1st to reset tps and balance bodies just low end is lumpy
Jim Mac View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 22:24
I had that on my Norge
The Fine bay unit transformed it. Check your throttle cables don't have any slack in them as a starting point.
V85 TT Trzvel    BMW R45
Too old to die young
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 22:39
Worth syncing the throttle bodies before going into expensive territory. At least you then know your starting point is right.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
melonman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melonman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 23:15
Thanks for replies
I am not sure if there is an issue or not.
Bike was running well
Had a very low speed fall
No damage to the bike
Apart from a bent spark plug end
Replaced plugs with iridium ones
Filled up with 97 unleaded usually use 95
And the bike feels a bit different not as smooth
Or maybe i am just looking for something after i came off
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 08:11
Well if it's changed recently you need to look at why rather than clutch at expensive add ons which may not make any difference.
Get the throttle bodies balances as a priority, quite possible that the off could have altered that.

Do you have access to a vacuum balance? There is a guide to making your own very cheaply in our FAQ section. The manometer is far more accurate than any other method, and totally reliable. Worry about resetting the TPS once that has been done and tried. If the linkage has been altered in the fall, then putting it back to where it should be will correct the TPS anyway.

Brian.

c13pep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c13pep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 12:34
Have you checked the spark plug cap, might just be worth changing as well,on the damaged side, for what it costs.
CHRIS
you can`t have any fun in a straight line

Monza
Honda CB77 project

melonman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melonman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 20:22
thanks again for the replies,
the plug cap looks fine but as you say may as well replace and rule it out.
yes to the manometer ,my brother has a couple of older carbed bikes so he is quite proficient at using his.
so i can sync the throttle bodies and worry about the tps reset later ,is that correct ?
i have read a lot of throttle body sync threads but the pictures dont show which screws to alter clearly.
i am sure my brother would be able to figure it out.
as long as we avoid the yellow painted screw , correct.
melonman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melonman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 20:26
i am hoping it is just the different fuel,because it started feeling different about 10 mins after filling up.
when i do a full service soon i will replace the fuel filter in case the fall has dislodged something into the filter.
got hardnott pass and NC 500 coming up later this year.
thanks again for the replies
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 20:59
The only adjustment you need to touch is the screw on the left hand end of the linkage rod between the bodies checked at 2 or 3k rpm. This is known to slip, I used to have to do mine regularly until I added some Loctite to the thread.

The TPS is on the RH body so assuming the system was correctly set up before, all you would do is put it back to the correct setting, thus the TPS will probably be correct.
Well that's what I found anyway.
There are also two air bleed screws which adjust tickover, but these are unlikely to need tweaking.
Brian.

melonman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melonman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 21:07
thanks for that brian,
the tickover seems spot on at 1100rpm
i have only had the bike a few months but love everything apart from the jerky sub 2000rpm.
cant wait for some nice weather.
the ironic thing is ,when i bought the bike it needed a new rear tyre.
had front and rear replaced and came off the bloody thing on the way home from the tyre shop.
i will let you know how i get on.
have you used guzzi diag ?
DavieL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavieL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 21:48
This goes into details about the full set-up / adjustment process,

http://bradthebikeboy.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/throttle-position-sensor-setting_21.html
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 22:23
No, that is not the guide to follow for the Breva 1100, it's for the Cali which is very different.

I don't have Guzzidiag, before that was available I bought VDST software and adapter. But it does all the same diagnostic stuff.

As has been mentioned, make sure the free play in the throttle cable is adjusted to an absolute minimum, just ensure that on tickover the speed doesn't vary when the bars are turned from one lock to the other. I know this might not make sense, but it really does make a difference.
Brian.

melonman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melonman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 04:50
Ok brian
I will check throttle cables.
I think as you said the throttle body sync needs to be done.
Do you have std exhaust or after market
Mine came with both std and venom
Venom seems to run lean but sounds the muts nuts.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic