FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DeCat Breva 1100

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
nel View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DeCat Breva 1100
    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 19:39
Any xover replacing the decat bag will see it rev quicker run cooler and improve performance. Doesn't smell as clean not surprising, doesn't need a remap. Mine running great with a Mistral system at 100000 miles. Sound awesome with an open can.
Colin View Drop Down
Guzzino
Guzzino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 18:01
Thinking of fitting The Mivv Cat Kit Tube to my Breva. To get back a real Guzzi exhaust note !!Wink
CJ
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 22:05
Not quite a DIY fix as you have to reprogram the ECU to tell it not to look for the DPF.
No intention of getting rid of the diesel car, DPF to remove soot and Adblue to remove NO.
Older petrol engines (think 80s) produce more NO than current diesels.

But we digress.

Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 21:13
Originally posted by rapheal rapheal wrote:

it seems that if you own a large diesel and do short journeys it clogs up

Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF), no longer allowed to pump what is basically soot into the air anymore.
The filter is self-cleaning IF car is given a good long run up a motorway or equiv. fairly regularly (there is often a "clean DPF" warning on dashboard), the filter then gets hot enough for long enough to burn up the particles, which is why mostly short journeys is a problem. Popular DIY fix is take the filter out, especially if it's got so clogged up it won't clean. They're also expensive to replace.

but I suppose peeps with big flash motors need to be seen using them

Not all are big cars owned by rich folks, lots of ordinary peeps now find they've been "stung" by the government previously telling them diesels are good so should go out and buy diesel cars. Now they're being told diesels are dirty and are "reprimanded" accordingly.

-
"Chicken nuggets don't dance on a Tuesday."
nab301 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nab301 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 20:48
Originally posted by Brian UK Brian UK wrote:

I was always amused at work by the number of people who drove to a gym most evenings. I suggested they walk there and back and not pay the extortionate membership fee.

Did the Gym have valet parking too?Wink
Nigel
Keep smiling , it makes people wonder what you've been up to!
'19 CB125F,

'18 DL250 SUZUKI V STROM,'99 Bmw R1100S, '03Bullet 65 500, '93 MZ301 Saxon fun (offroad)
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 08:10
The newer London extra clean air zones will exclude bikes over about 12 years old, which were not part of the Euro classification.

I was always amused at work by the number of people who drove to a gym most evenings. I suggested they walk there and back and not pay the extortionate membership fee.
Brian.

rapheal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rapheal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 23:07
They have been checking car exhaust system as quite  few people have been removing part of the system on diesels
it seems that if you own a large diesel and do short journeys it clogs up
simple answer would be to walk or cycle and lose some weight
but I suppose peeps with big flash motors need to be seen using them 

I am sure that with the new London clean air zones, some sort of inspection of motor cycles, evne if its a roadside check will soon be put into place

Lots of HGVs are being stopped for fitting cheat units to the emission systems

Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 13:59
From May 8th it will be an automatic fail if any anti pollution aid has been tampered with on a car. Though it does require the tester to notice.
All I was saying is that the writing is on the wall, and we can probably expect this to include PTW soon.
Brian.

c13pep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c13pep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 13:16
Bikes are tested for compliant exhaust systems (ie. road legal stampings on silencers etc.) with even the police giving it the odd glance when stopped, so it would not be too much more effort to check for the existence of a cat. We have to hope that bikes stay outside the new regs for the time being but I think it may be a forlorn hope for the future.
CHRIS
you can`t have any fun in a straight line

Monza
Honda CB77 project

iansoady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iansoady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 10:13
But bikes have never been tested for emissions so can't see that cats would be checked?
Ian
1952 Norton ES2
1986 Honda XBR500
1958-ish Greeves/Triumph in progress
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 08:30
Be aware of possible changes to MOT regulations, they will no doubt affect motorcycles too shortly.
Brian.

Wits View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 00:21
Gutzibits item EXA30243 does the job....

Breva 1100 not fitted with cat.
Just an oversized overweight collector box, it has an O2 sensor fitted.

I fitted the above item from Gutzibits, lighter, better sounding exhaust note, easier access to drain plugs...
No remap required....

I had to replace mine due to some internal welds, failing and causing exhaust leaking...
BMW 1200RTLC carbon BLack SOLD….
Breva 1100 2005 in Black SOLD.....
St George's Telford Shropshire.
PeterB View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeterB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 00:05
Hi all,

I've done a search but found nothing.
Has anyone here fitted a decat arrangement to a Breva 11 and if so what was the result?  Worth doing?
Is there any need for a remap? Is there a recommended remap out there if yes?

Thanks.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic