guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Big Block Tonti
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Pulse Jet Ignition - Claimed 10% increase in power
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pulse Jet Ignition - Claimed 10% increase in power

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Guzzino
Guzzino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon_London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pulse Jet Ignition - Claimed 10% increase in power
    Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 21:26
https://tinyurl.com/yb6qwuux

I contacted Steve Scriminger who makes them in the UK and he gave me a set.

So what are they like?

Suffice to say that are staying on the bike.

They may well increase power somewhat but that's not the main event.

The bike feels different and sounds different.

Its smoother, more tractable, revs a bit quicker. the slight flat spot on Guzzis at 3-4000 revs is less noticeable, it seems to need a bit less throttle for a given engine speed. The improved smoothness is really noticeable. I have an 1100 Sport flywheel on my bike so it felt a bit lumpy at lower revs. It feels much smoother now. 

I only had to make a small adjustment to idle screws. Plugs nice brown colour. Bike thrashed up to 120mph and quite happy.

Love this mod.

Bargain.

If you decide to get a set please mention my name

Edited by Simon_London - 12 Jan 2018 at 22:08
Simon_London View Drop Down
Guzzino
Guzzino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon_London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 21:27
The first set of plugs that Steve sent me were resistor plugs (NGK CR8HSA) and didn't work well. Steve sent me some non resistor plugs (C8HSA) instead and they were great. The high compression Le Mans engine run resistor plugs as standard but low compression engines - T3 G5 SP run non resistor plugs.
BobV7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobV7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 23:19
The days when a talented engineer would knock up a world beating device scribbled on the back of a fag packet have long vanished into the dark ages of motoring history. If you want a new engine or system then you pop into a company like Ilmore or Ricardo, stick a large number of beer tokens into their top pocket with a some idea of purpose, capacity, dimensions and power output. Some time later you get a memory stick to plug into a CNC machine and a big book with pictures explaining what you've paid for. That's modern engineering in the 21st. century, the rest is wishful thinking.
V7 Classic Black and gold was the best. But green & black was nice too. Now blue is in!
Simon_London View Drop Down
Guzzino
Guzzino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon_London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 04:27
Originally posted by BobV7 BobV7 wrote:

The days when a talented engineer would knock up a world beating device scribbled on the back of a fag packet have long vanished into the dark ages of motoring history. If you want a new engine or system then you pop into a company like Ilmore or Ricardo, stick a large number of beer tokens into their top pocket with a some idea of purpose, capacity, dimensions and power output. Some time later you get a memory stick to plug into a CNC machine and a big book with pictures explaining what you've paid for. That's modern engineering in the 21st. century, the rest is wishful thinking.

Not in this case.....
jpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 05:27
Image result for motorcycle miracle cure

You're pushing the same claim on other forums with identical posts.

IMO this is not forum material, it's promotion of a product, and/or self-promotion for the eyes of the supplier/manufacturer. Give us some credit !

Edited by jpc - 13 Jan 2018 at 07:44
V7Chris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote V7Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 08:46
I certainly would not spend any of my money on this type of thing unless some independent and respected body had tested the results, or at the very least a positive review by mainstream bike press.
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 09:20
Originally posted by Simon_London Simon_London wrote:

Now why would someone give you £120 just like that?
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
jpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 09:58
Originally posted by Brian UK Brian UK wrote:

Originally posted by Simon_London Simon_London wrote:

Now why would someone give you £120 just like that?

He was out of red wine and cheese.    https://www.sinrojamotorcycles.co.uk/aboutpulsejet

Edited by jpc - 13 Jan 2018 at 10:11
red leader one View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red leader one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 10:24
I've got some ointment which I rub on my exhaust to increase the MPG.

Just saying like.
c13pep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c13pep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 10:58
I do hope that`s the bikes exhaust, because the other option doesn`t bare thinking about
CHRIS
you can`t have any fun in a straight line

Monza
Honda CB77 project

jpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 11:17
The mind does play tricks.

I once let a friend have half a tank of leftover race fuel for his V50.

Once home, he called back, enthusiastic, saying the bike was now going 10mph faster at 5000rpm
in top.

Then, I HAD to explain...
iansoady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iansoady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 12:09
10 mph faster at 5000 rpm? Maybe the clutch had stopped slipping........

WRT the original thread I have no doubt that the whole thing is snake oil and that Simon of London is merely a shill for the scammers.
Ian
1952 Norton ES2
1986 Honda XBR500
1958-ish Greeves/Triumph in progress
Oafski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oafski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 13:35
The name Scriminger rings a bell from about 17 years ago when I was briefly in the BMW Club, owning at the time an old R65 Monolever. I'm fairly sure they advertised in the Club "Journal", nothing common like a mag for those chaps, as something like Scriminger Engine Developements, but I never read anything adverse about them in the aforementioned Journal which certainly wasn't short of complainers about most things. Bearing in mind that back then it was quite the thing to "Twin plug" certain Bike's heads, my mates 250 Ducati and of course the old "Airhead" R100 BMW,is it not possible that something like this might work on old fashioned technology.
Also for what it's worth I know someone who took on and beat Akrapovic working in little more than a Garden Shed.
OCD- Old Coffin Dodger
"Good Deeds never go unpunished"
Fat bloke on a Honda
BobV7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobV7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 14:01
"Also for what it's worth I know someone who took on and beat Akrapovic working in little more than a Garden Shed."

Seeing as all major companies including JCB and Apple apparently have their origins in a garden shed or garage, this statement regarding a talented hero is all rather enigmatic and worthy of some expansion! Wasn't "Pops" Yoshimura by any chance, was it?

Edited by BobV7 - 13 Jan 2018 at 15:54
V7 Classic Black and gold was the best. But green & black was nice too. Now blue is in!
jpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 14:06
Scriminger claim they came up in 2001 with Pulse Jet Ignition, BrianUK posted a link to the patent and
it was filed in 1980, assignee Nissan Motor Company.
What do we make of that ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic