guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Small Blocks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

V7 III Stone schedule maintenance

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Guzzino
Guzzino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scagliog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: V7 III Stone schedule maintenance
    Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 20:15
Hello,

proud new owner of a V7III Stone. Got back into bikes after a long break -- just in love with this bike.
I am supposed to do the 900 miles scheduled service in about 300 miles..
The Guzzi dealer where I bought the bike is almost 1 hr away, so I was thinking of taking the bike to a local Ducati shop, which has very high ratings.

I was wondering however if for warranty purposes is recommended ( it is not mandatory in the warranty document ) to only go to the official Guzzi dealers for the first 2 years.

Anybody had experience with warranties and the Piaggio group USA ?

Thank you in advance!
Giuseppe
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 22:18
Don't quote me on this, but I'm sure others have said it's OK to use a non Piaggio dealer in a situation like this. But the only way to be certain would be to ask Piaggio USA.

It's all different in Europe where the law does permit you to use any recognised dealer.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2018 at 12:07
^ What he said, again not to be taken as gospel but from looking at American forums, I gather the rules may be more relaxed in the US simply because of the vast distances that are often involved merely getting the bike to a specific brand name dealer.

"Chicken nuggets don't dance on a Tuesday."
stokes1971 View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stokes1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 23:23
I got a new V7 II last year and was told by the dealer I could do the service myself and not have a warranty problem.
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 08:28
Probably worth keeping proof of purchase for the oil and filters, just to prove you used the correct ones.
Brian.

David Owen View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Owen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 18:09
I was told by the dealer that a service was “about €85”. After some negotiation, we got the first service down to about €250. Be wary, my friend.
Andyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 19:53
1 hour away is not far - would suggest you are best going back to the supplying dealer for many reasons......-
- they should know MG better than a Ducati shop
- if any problems they are the ones you will need to help you
.- no warranty issues in the future
- support MG dealers!
- they may have aftermarket parts you will need
Etc etc
Andyb
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 21:01
Would the Ducati shop have the correct diagnostics kit, should that be required?
Brian.

Thorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 21:12
And if there’s a new map, the dealer will have it.
scagliog View Drop Down
Guzzino
Guzzino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scagliog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 06:00
Well did the service at the dealership.
$530...
Changed all the oils and checked all items on the manual..at $128/hr
They found nothing wrong.
Next at the 6k miles mark....will see.

Giuseppe
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 08:03
That's why we often refer to them as the stealers here in the UK. LOL
Brian.

Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 15:59
Strewth .. Shocked

"Chicken nuggets don't dance on a Tuesday."
Andyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 20:15
$128/hr!   WOW.
I know a lady who for that price.......will give a very good service.
Andyb
Andyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 20:44
She normally works on Hondas and Chinese derivatives at $50/hr. (£45).....maybe she should start a Guzzi shop. Andyb
stokes1971 View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stokes1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 01:12
$530 for a service?Screw that I did it myself.I think the dealer here quoted me like $350,even thats too much.My biggest concern with letting them do it was that they would actually do it all.At least I know that my valves were actually adjusted.I dont trust dealers.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic