guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Small Blocks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Caliper bolt torque for V50 (F05)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c13pep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2017 at 19:35
Just an after thought on the subject of torque settings, adding any sort of lubricant to the thread will lessen the torque required. Most torque settings are quoted for `dry 'threads thus tightening by feel becomes more relevant.
CHRIS
you can`t have any fun in a straight line

Monza
Honda CB77 project

Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2017 at 22:13
I always put some lubricant on threads when assembling as I want to be able to undo it later. When you have fought with so many rusted up threads, you think ahead.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
c13pep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c13pep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 10:18
Lubricating threads, for me, is a habit I am glad to admit to after a lifetime of fighting with dry threads.
CHRIS

Monza
Honda CB77 project

iansoady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iansoady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 10:53
I think I'll put some low strength loctite on when I rebuild them. And of course will observe the slightly reduced torque figures!
Ian
1952 Norton ES2
1986 Honda XBR500
1958-ish Greeves/Triumph in progress
c13pep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c13pep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 10:59
Will that be the mole grips or the stilsons then, or in my case a pair of `dogs`, now that really is giving my age away.
CHRIS

Monza
Honda CB77 project

iansoady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iansoady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 15:08
I think I'll stick to the Allen key in this case.....
Ian
1952 Norton ES2
1986 Honda XBR500
1958-ish Greeves/Triumph in progress
GC888 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GC888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 17:26
Originally posted by redmunk redmunk wrote:

I'm no expert on this, but the Brembo F05 caliper is the same on the front and rear of the V35/V50 apart from the mounting lugs being in a different place. The same rebuild kit from Gutsibits will therefore work for both, I've just done all three of mine; it includes the fluid seal, dust seal, bolts and grease.

Do you have the original chrome plated pistons? If it's peeling, the newer Teflon coated ones are available from eBay every so often, I got mine for about £20 a set.

Just to confirm they are identical just rebuilt all 3 with kits from Guzz Bits (branded Brembo).

Easy job though recommend a decent piston puller (not just the plier type) an aerosol of brake cleaner, patience & elbow grease. 

But felt it was worthwhile as there was some signs of water in the fluid, two of the cylinder seals had begun to degrade and two o rings looked problematic.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic