guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Loop Frames
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Eldorado Handlebars

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guzzino
Guzzino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ecsjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eldorado Handlebars
    Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 14:35
Just bought this 1973 Eldorado.

I would like to change the handlebars to the civilian style bars.  In searching, I have found them in undrilled style, but i like the clean look of the wires through the bars. 

Does anyone know a source for a drilled civilian handlebar?

Ed
Chicagoland, USA
Ed
1973 Eldorado
Simmoto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simmoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 15:30
Hi,
No, sorry not aware of such a source here in Europe. In the US I guess you're looking at MG Cycle, Mark Etheridge and Cycle Garden? i changed the bars on my Eldo for low ones but they were undrilled. I find it an easier bike to steer with civilian bars, I guess you know some or all of the cables will need to be changed? I changed the clutch cable, the others were OK but it'll depend on your specific set-up as to which ones will need changing as not all cables are the same.
Cheers
Amboman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amboman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 21:21
None of the Loopframe Guzzis ever came with the wiring inside the 'bars, so you'll either need to drill some civilian 'bars or use something from an early Tonti (T, T3, Convert). Even then, they don't seem to be available new already drilled.

I went the other way on my Convert - got rid of the wiring inside the 'bars, because it's such a pain in the a$$ to deal with.
Charlie
'69 Ambassador,'71 Ambassador,'73 Eldorado,'75 Eldorado police,'76 Convert,'77 Morini 3 1/2 Strada,'81 Ducati 500SL Pantah

http://www.AntietamClassicCycle.com
ecsjr View Drop Down
Guzzino
Guzzino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ecsjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 14:05
Thanks for the advice.

The wiring inside the bars on mine looks pretty original, so i assumed that was the way they left the factory.
But these look like police bars that were added later, so maybe you are right that the factory did not put the wiring through the bars.

Ed
1973 Eldorado
Amboman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amboman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 14:23
I would guess that they're either Convert 'bars or aftermarket then.
Charlie
'69 Ambassador,'71 Ambassador,'73 Eldorado,'75 Eldorado police,'76 Convert,'77 Morini 3 1/2 Strada,'81 Ducati 500SL Pantah

http://www.AntietamClassicCycle.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic