guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Modifications and Restorations > Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Christmas Came Early! 1000 SP Respray Finished

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Omobono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Christmas Came Early! 1000 SP Respray Finished
    Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 14:27

Dear all, 

the resprayed 1000 SP has arrived, and it was a bit like Christmas Day when I was much, much younger. 

The dreary, insistently rainy day caused the hasty photos to not really represent the quality of the work as the contrast-poor light does not allow the colours to really pop out in the pictures. However, I am really happy with the results. I attach the pics below, which might well win the prize for "most horrible pics ever".  

Short description: we went for RAL "wine red" for the darker red tone as the Ruby red was not enough of a contrast. The brighter red is Skoda's "Corrida Red", which is a brighter version of the well-known "Tornado Red" I used for my "German" SP II. Again, the contrast between the colours is stronger than the dull light suggests.  

We went for a big stripe at the centre of the tank, flanked by two pin stripes. The stripe is less wide in the fender (and its continuation in the fairing) to take account of the different proportions. Guzzi eagles in retro style instead of the "Seventies" Moto Guzzi lettering on the tank, whilst the lettering was kept in the fairing because there was no space for the eagle. The eagle theme was repeated in the side panels, who also got an elegant pin stripe around them. 

The inner part of the side fairing and the contrast part of the lateral fairing, originally in black, are now in the same darker red tone used in the tank. 

I am very happy with the result and I can warmly recommend "Pauls' One-Off Customs", who did an excellent job at what I found an extremely fair price.  

https://www.paulsoneoffcustoms.co.uk/

It is now very clear to me why there is such a long waiting list for him. 

Edited by Omobono - 17 Dec 2017 at 14:30
Omobono View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Omobono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 14:42

Omobono View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Omobono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 14:43
iansoady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iansoady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 15:27
Looks lovely.

I'm eagerly awaiting the tank, mudguards etc from my V50 which I'm having done in the Tornado Red you mention as the brighter one was a bit too bright for my taste.

Do you have pics of the Tornado Red SP?
Ian
1952 Norton ES2
1986 Honda XBR500
1958-ish Greeves/Triumph in progress
Tarquin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tarquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 15:29
Very nice.
California 111,California 1100i,Suzuki FZ50, Yamaha YB100, NSU Quickly,

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”
johnno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 15:30
1100 sport corsa , Yam R1, guzzi 650tt rider
Omobono View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Omobono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 16:29
Hi iansoady

the link at the bottom is to a travel report (Mandello) which the Italian magazine "Dueruote" published at least online. 

The text is in Italian but I do not think it will interest you anyway. The photographic gallery has several pics of yours truly (some kilos ago) and the bike in the "Tornado Red" colour. 

Obviously, being pics, the colour will depend from light conditions etc. but I think it will give you a good idea of the finished product. 

Thanks

Edited by Omobono - 17 Dec 2017 at 16:45
Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 22:34
Really excellent. Thumbs Up

Me likes.

"Chicken nuggets don't dance on a Tuesday."
helmetbolt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helmetbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 09:03
That looks very good.
2001 California Special. (Modified)
Exmoorbeast View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Exmoorbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 20:21
Tastefull , looks right!
rapheal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rapheal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 22:55
That Looks nice

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic