guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Big Block Tonti
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Just bought this one .Not sure which model it is !
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Just bought this one .Not sure which model it is !

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GuzziPaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2017 at 08:43
Spot the difference.

Pier View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2017 at 10:13
Interesting ! 
As I mentioned the tank was made locally by the guy who just put "new" silencer and this guy  will make one for me in stainless steel , he just did this one a recent V7 

red leader one View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red leader one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2017 at 11:35
That looks nice.
Keef Mayhem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keef Mayhem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2017 at 18:16
The forks and wheel look like Cali III bits, as they are 40mm and have the damping adjusters on the caps and the raised bits to mount reflectors on the lower sliders  as well as the cast brace for the sliders,
 Cali III's use 300mm discs although the ones on this bike look like they could be aftermarket (Braking R-fix ?) parts

Edited by Keef Mayhem - 21 Dec 2017 at 18:21
So many bikes, so little time !
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2017 at 22:17
The Cali III had floating discs with bobbins. Those look like sold ones, bolted to the hub.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
Keef Mayhem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keef Mayhem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2017 at 02:07
I agree the original discs are floating with bobbins Brembos, I've got a set of them lying around in the garage, I also have a very similar set of Braking Ltd solid discs fitted to my R100 which is why I said they looked aftermarket
So many bikes, so little time !
Pier View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 09:14
The local guys are making a new stainless steel tank 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red leader one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 10:15
That will look nice.
Any pics to see how they do it what they use tools etc?
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 10:19
Large mallet?
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
Oldrat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 11:09
Obviously not Toe’tectors then
1976 "Zagato" Gootsi cafe racer
BMW GSA
Pier View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 11:09
I am going back on the 2nd of Jan to give them a GPS speedo and RPM  I bought on Aliexpress, I will make a couple of pix too of there shop

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red leader one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 12:32
Cheers
Surfrider Barry View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Surfrider Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 09:10
How much was the stainless tank
Pier View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 09:51
The tank was around $350 including the "engraving Logo" , I know I could by some cheaper from India but has I had no idea which model to order it was safer for me to do it locally, knowing the guys are really nice and motorcycle passionate, I had to paint it green as in Vietnam the color is on the registration paper, I find the green too light so they will give it another coating closer to a British Racing Green 

Pier View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 09:57
I forget to mention they could do a stainless steel  Scrambler exhaust based on the ARROW for          VND 6 000 000,  sounds a lot but that's around US$ 260.00 if I give them back the reverse cone ones they just build for me. At this point I will wait for this one to finish and I will see if it's worth it 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic