guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Big Block Tonti
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

More previous owner shenanigans

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cugsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 16:20
Well thats what the honda id for. Im happy sorting the cali
But being bullsh*tted annoys me
Due to italian electrickery I am saying nowt. Despite nearly giving the Vstrom away the honda has gone...
rapheal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rapheal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 18:54
Tony Botto
Nigel at NBS
big Nathan at Streffords

2 recent European tours through three countries with no problem
plus several previous tours, I do tend to ride bikes hard
the last British motorcycle I had put me right off them, it needed so much tinkering putting right that I gave up and sold it to a breaker in South London
My Uncle worked for a BSA dealer, and my father was a very skilled toolmaker, ex REME
they all helped out, but when my Uncle said buy a Honda you idiot I did

I agree that some new bikes can be a pain, especially given the type of staff they employ at the dealers

cugsy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cugsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2017 at 19:26
Wellllll....I sorted the dodgy electrics, stripped the starter,brakes and changed a few other things. Rather than put it all together and have it not work I connected some jumper leads from a battery to the pos/neg and without the starter to see what worked and what didn't.  Nothing....no idiot lights and no noises. Hmmm. Check the wiring diagram. Ooh, looks like the starter relay needs connecting then.  Duly connected and the un-connected fuel pipes spew forth petrol and idiot lights flare into life. It's Christmas at last.Embarrassed
Due to italian electrickery I am saying nowt. Despite nearly giving the Vstrom away the honda has gone...
Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2017 at 16:57
Oo-er, sounds like that daft BMW idea, starter relay is a 'special', has 5 pins BUT not as you would expect, 2 of them are permanently connected internally i.e. a 'strap', and ALL of the juice for the bike goes through it, so without that relay, NOTHING works.

-

"Chicken nuggets don't dance on a Tuesday."
cugsy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cugsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2017 at 17:12
I've been trying to sort the exhaust and the collector box seems to fit 2 ways. Back pipes from the collector either point upwards or downwards depending on how I fit it. The guzzi diagrams don't show any orientation. guess I'll fit the silencers and see whats what...what!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic