guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Small Blocks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Breva 750 headlight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew_C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 19:40
CCan you advise which tail lamp replacement you went for I'm tired of replacing mine, but the choice is bewildering.
Ken-Guzzibear View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken-Guzzibear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 21:59
The headlamp if standard round 7" one go for any Wipac or Cibie unit used ones around £10 glass lens and decent reflector I swapped the crap plastic one with clear lens from my V11 Le Mans for a Cibie then fitted a nightbreaker bulb the difference was a scary 40 mph on the unlit Country rds around here to easy up to 60 all illuminated ....rear light ....depending on shape either refit an led one or buy decent bulbs, the el cheapo stuff fails, work put cheap bulbs into our vans they are forever being replaced totally false economy .....
The Older i Get, The Better I Was
Dave P. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2017 at 12:59
I'm with Mike regarding the Phillips X-Treme Vision bulbs.I have them fitted to my Loops and to the Bullet.The difference between them and a standard H4 halogen is remarkable.The standard light colour on the Bullet was a light shade of BROWN!I kid you not. I also fitted a "Neolite" reflector and lense (available near the foot of this page.) http://www.hitchcocksmotorcycles.com/accessory-electrics-lighting.
This has a much better beam pattern than the original lamp and being a round 7" lamp will fit some Guzzi models.

Edited by Dave P. - 14 Dec 2017 at 13:13
TO LIVE OUTSIDE THE LAW YOU MUST BE HONEST.

1971 V7 Special. 1972 850GT.
1970 T120 Bonnie. 2009 500 Bullet.
rapheal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rapheal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 22:29
data below
rapheal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rapheal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 22:30
Originally posted by Andrew_C Andrew_C wrote:

CCan you advise which tail lamp replacement you went for I'm tired of replacing mine, but the choice is bewildering.
I was given this chaps details by an Auto electrican I know
he does lots for classic cars as well
much better quality nice and bright and good all round light

Classic Car LEDs

Address:  
5 Lodway Gardens
Easton in Gordano
Bristol
Somerset
BS20 0DL
United Kingdom

Phone:0800 246 5678

Email:sales@classiccarleds.co.uk

nab301 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nab301 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2018 at 21:02
I finally got around to looking at my B750 headlamp, fitting an upgrade bulb still left the problems described above  , namely little difference between head and dip beam pattern.
I've found the light on my CB f 250 is great and previously the light unit  on a bandit 600 mk 2 was good . I had a spare bandit  light unit but needed one for my Triumph and managed to fit it to the original headlight shell.  
I had no luck locating another Suzuki lamp for my Breva so ended up buying a chrome Lucas branded headlamp shell and a Neolite headlight unit mainly found advertised on Classic Brit bike parts websites.
The shell was a little narrow between the mounting brackets but I sorted this with spacers aka washersEmbarrassed
The Neolite unit does give a good contrast  between head and dip beam but I find the reflector isn't as efficient as the above units.  

SAM_1194 (2) by Nigel Burgess, on Flickr
Nigel
Keep smiling , it makes people wonder what you've been up to!
'19 CB125F,

'18 DL250 SUZUKI V STROM,'99 Bmw R1100S, '03Bullet 65 500, '93 MZ301 Saxon fun (offroad)
TooJuicy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooJuicy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2018 at 16:25
Originally posted by finp finp wrote:

Now that I think about it, the previous owner was worried about the weak battery, and installed a switch button for the headlight so that it wouldn't be too consuming on the battery when he started the bike. 

I imagine fitting a stronger/better/newer battery would be preferred.  I'm am not clear whether this switch is on the headlamp power circuit - or the relay switch circuit - but it does not seem to be a great solution.

Tony
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic