guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Small Blocks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Differences Between The 3 Models of V7

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motomartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Differences Between The 3 Models of V7
    Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 17:18
I'm confused about the differences between the 3 models of modern V7-the early first released ones ,the 11 and the 111. I know there's the 5 and 6 speed box,and the different throttle bodies-although- i've no idea which is best- and the ABS and traction control. Do you really need the latter on a relatively low powered road bike? ABS i can perhaps understand but i'm unconvinced TC is of any benefit.Is it me or are bikes going the way of cars where the skill required to operate them becomes less and the additional  weight of technology spoils that seat of the pants experience?
2014 V7 Stone CBR600FS CB250RSA XBR500
Adam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 19:18
I've got 2009 V7 cafe, no TC or ABS, 2 throttle bodies, no problems. ABS might be handy some day
Jimbo View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 19:53
Angle of the engine, steering geometry, 1st and 6th gear ratios, rear shock length, seat height, foot position, cylinder head design, double wall exhaust pipes, horsepower, new oil pump and sump have all been changed from 2016 to 2017 models. Not much weight added for traction control and ABS brakes.
V7Chris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote V7Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 21:49
V72 more character and better looking, v73 smoother and better fuelling. My opinion only so counts for nothing. I have only ridden the mkii and mkiii and own a mkii. I wouldn't change it.

Edited by V7Chris - 27 Nov 2017 at 07:45
Andyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 22:31
Best? I went with a 2014 V7 Stone with single TB, no ABS or traction control, alternator running in oil. I prefer the 5 speed gearbox as in top the pedal is soft so you know no more gears (the 6 speed does not do this).
Remove the lambdas and fuelling is not an issue.
The Stone has cast wheels so takes tubeless tyres, and the cast wheels are lighter than steel ones.

I had a 750 Breva before with twin TBs and would not go back to that system - the single TB system is simpler and better.

andyb

Adam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 08:33
Mine has spoked wheels with tubeless tyres as standard fitting.
V7Chris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote V7Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 09:47
Mkiii specials have spoked tubeless rims. Earlier spoked rims were not tubeless.
Adam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 12:07
Ta. Should I be worried about the tubeless tyres on my tubed rims (tubes fitted of course)?
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 12:37
Why should you be worried?
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
Adam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 12:57
It's the reason I exist. I've rode for 37 years on off road bikes and this is my first dedicated road bike, I know tyres get warm at higher speeds would any heat or friction cause issues with the tubes? Any advice appreciated and apologies for hi jacking the original post
cyclobutch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyclobutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 13:16
Originally posted by Adam Adam wrote:

Ta. Should I be worried about the tubeless tyres on my tubed rims (tubes fitted of course)?

No
Butch
V50 II - 'The Black Pearl'
T3 - 'Blue'
Eldo Loop - 'Jug'
Beerman View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 13:22
I'm with V7Chris, I think the 11 looks better. The extra HP on the 111 is probably not really noticeable, and I've been happy with the 11 in any case.

My dealer (Quarry Bank) said that if you were buying new, buy a 111 - but that there was no clear reason to trade up. I'm not doing so (though I came close to an emotional purchase of a California 1400 before getting out quick...)!

Beerman
V711 Special
Vespa 125
Jerry atric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry atric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 18:44
Sorry to interrupt, is the Mk1 a carb engine and is there anything really ad about them?
Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 19:06
"Chicken nuggets don't dance on a Tuesday."
Jimbo View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 19:49
My v7 III came with tube type spoked wheels, so I put the Stone alloy wheels on.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic