guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > CARC models
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Norge 1200: Start-up Remote Error DC V DC ECU 44
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Norge 1200: Start-up Remote Error DC V DC ECU 44

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double-f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 14:09
Brian, friends and gentlemen,

I happy to inform you, I found were the problem is. It was a long journey, but it was worth it. It not an ECU problem (though i have placed an order for it before now Ouch)...all good, i can't complain.

The issue was the Ground ECU (in red line) in the electrical schematic below. High resistance, no effective continuity to ground. I removed ECU, thoroughly cleaned it and ensured good connectivity and the ground cable  to it. Start button firing bike as normal ClapClap.

Thanks to all for the leads and support. Today is a good day!

Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 14:40

Well done. Yes that makes sense, I'm pleased you found it.

Perseverance is the answer.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
Double-f View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double-f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 14:43
Indeed it is. A lot was learned. Thanks.
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 18:07
Learned here too.
Brian.

johnno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 18:12
Originally posted by Double-f Double-f wrote:

Indeed it is. A lot was learned. Thanks.
I felt your pain but you did real good , I also learned so much
1100 sport corsa , Yam R1, guzzi 650tt rider
Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 18:19
Again a reminder to check the simple stuff like earths to frame, I have heard of bad ECU earth on other vehicles too.

-
"Chicken nuggets don't dance on a Tuesday."
johnno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 18:24
Originally posted by Mike H Mike H wrote:

Again a reminder to check the simple stuff like earths to frame, I have heard of bad ECU earth on other vehicles too.

-
my sport corsa was a combination of simple faults also but took some sorting .
1100 sport corsa , Yam R1, guzzi 650tt rider
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 21:24
The fault being intermittent was the real problem. Always more difficult.
Brian.

Double-f View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double-f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 07:32
Thanks. Guzzi all the way.
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 10:25
I certainly commend you on your determination and ability to find the problem.
Brian.

carl View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 22:34
Hi double-f, I'v been following your post with great interest and appreciate the blood sweat and tears that go into solving such random problems, well done for sticking with the job, as a lesser man may have thrown the towel in a long time ago, and its posts just like this that we can all fall back on in time of crises, great moral support and direction from Brian and the other guys on the forum, but some things you just have to put in the hours, well done, PS where did you get the wiring diagram. Thanks Carl   
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 22:46
Most wiring diagrams can be found here.

Scroll down.
Brian.

carl View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 23:03
Thanks for that Brian
Double-f View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double-f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 23:24
Originally posted by carl carl wrote:

Hi double-f, I'v been following your post with great interest and appreciate the blood sweat and tears that go into solving such random problems, well done for sticking with the job, as a lesser man may have thrown the towel in a long time ago, and its posts just like this that we can all fall back on in time of crises, great moral support and direction from Brian and the other guys on the forum, but some things you just have to put in the hours, well done, PS where did you get the wiring diagram. Thanks Carl   

Thanks Carl, really challenging and exhausting I must say, spending my early mornings and nights checking and checking. The breakthrough came when I was looking for the ECU 977676 for the Norge. I stumbled on this site  https://us.fowlersparts.co.uk/parts/view/977676, then I saw the schematic, my eyes brightened up when I saw the Ground ECU cable... I was like, this is the only cable/connection I've not checked on this bike, which now happened to be the solution to the problem. The relief is beyond here Big smileBig smile. I couldn't have gotten there if I didn't get the lead to change the ECU. So the guys did it.

carl View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 19:57
I'v been there so many times in my own business, and that "eureka" moment is indescribable, but you have to go through the pain to really appreciate it, well done.    
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic