guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Modifications and Restorations > Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

V7 III windscreen

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Owen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: V7 III windscreen
    Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 18:44
I usually put a screen on my bikes.  I've had a couple of Slipstreamer Spitfires, and been very happy with them.  Cheap, adjustable, effective.  Terrific.  I thought I'd go whole-hog and get the gen-u-wine article this time, so I had the OEM Moto Guzzi windscreen (2S000909) fitted today.  Big mistake.  The turbulence is terrible and the wind noise at anything above 60 kmh on my nice quiet new helmet is literally, if temporarily, deafening.  The Guzzi website says "A must have to face touring rides in comfort..."  Its coming off. I'm going to hassle the Guzzi reps at a dealer ride Saturday.  
red leader one View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red leader one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 21:01
You are not alone.
David Owen View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Owen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 21:09
So I'm still looking for something suitable.  Has anyone had any experience with the Givi A800N fairing?  Nice-looking, but rather expensive.  Other tried-and-tested options???  
theone&onlymin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theone&onlymin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 22:30
I have used Givi aerotech screens before. They work pretty well and have a huge range of adjustment. Possibly not made anymore but your local 2nd hand Internet shop may have one. I may have one in my shed for you to try out.

Cheers
Min
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Owen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 07:58
Thanks, Min. I appreciate the offer to try your screen, but I'm in Portugal, so I'll have to pass. I can't find anything on the Aerotech. Is there another screen - Givi or Puig or MRA which is similar?
theone&onlymin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theone&onlymin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 12:53
If you Google it they'll come up with an image. I can take a photo of mine and post it up in a couple of days.

Cheers
Min
V7Chris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote V7Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 14:31
Dart flyscreens do them in the UK. I am sure they could post to Portugal. I bought one, good quality, fitted well but not enough protection for me. Certainly deflected some wind blast but directed all the rain and flies straight at my face. Although they do have other styles. I have the Standard guzzi item on my v2 and find it OK, just wish it was 3inches taller (and before anyone else says it, yes I there are other things I wish were 3 inches bigger - my legs for instance!)
shinytop View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shinytop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 14:25
I just bought a V-7 111 Special. Ordered a National Cycle Plexifairing, as I have had several of these and like them. They do not make one for my V-7 111 , so I got the most universal one they make. I can not see how I can make it work. Has anyone found something like this that has worked for them? 
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Owen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 14:54
Could you be more specific as to the problem? 
BobV7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobV7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 15:25
I once put a well recommended screen on a BMW and the resulting wind noise was ear splitting. Rode five miles with it on; two and a half there and two and a half back to get it off. Too many variables when it comes to screens to be sure what will work best for you.
V7 Classic Black and gold was the best. But green & black was nice too. Now blue is in!
Alan Sbj View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Sbj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 18:06
I’ve got the Dart Flyscreen on my V7 Mk 2, not sure if it fits the Mk 3, worth a call they are great people to deal with and an excellent high quality product, had them on my last 3 bikes.
rapheal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rapheal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 18:15
I have a breva and I fitted the V7 touring screen, I hated it
wind noise, and if I moved it forward turbulence, plus when it rained all the water was deflected onto my hands
I purchased a PUIG its wind tunnel designed and works very well, I altered the mountings though so it fits like an O/E fairing
keeps the wind and rain of my handds and I get a little bit on my helmet but thats not a problem
I dont like tall screens that leave you in still air
it does not affect the handling either
only one thing i noticed, in hot weather cover the instruments as sun coming through it can melt the clock housings
I would post a picture if I had a clue how

Edited by rapheal - 01 May 2018 at 18:20
shinytop View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shinytop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 02:52
David, At the bottom where it goes behind the turn signals, it is maybe 1&1/4 " to narrow.  I could take a dermal tool and try to open it up some, so I could slip it over. however if I break it, I will have to another route and be out 200 bucks.  Thanks  
shinytop View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shinytop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 02:55
I sure do like the looks of this, That's about the size I would like.  I will try to google it.  Thanks,   shinytop
shinytop View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shinytop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 04:16
I said a few prayers and went out to the shop determined to make my Plexifairing 3 work. I used my dremal tool and my air cutting tool, shaved off 1&3/8" off each side so I could slip it over the headlight and go over the turn signals. I also shaved off 1&12" from bottom of the lowers. I got it mounted good and solid, went for a 10 mile shake down ride. Got home and adjusted a small amount then tightened all down again.  All told, I am real pleased with it. I look just over the top of the shield perfectly. If I can figure out how to post a few pictures, I'll do it. I am not very computer literate.  Thanks to all who sent me ideas.  shiny top.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic