guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Modifications and Restorations > Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

V7 III windscreen

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 17:46
Originally posted by rapheal rapheal wrote:

I have a breva and I fitted the V7 touring screen, I hated it
wind noise, and if I moved it forward turbulence, plus when it rained all the water was deflected onto my hands
I purchased a PUIG its wind tunnel designed and works very well,

Thought that looked familiar so I checked, yep is exact same as what I got on my Ural - yeah is quite good, keeps the wind pressure off my chest but helmet is up in the "airflow" so no turbulence. No apparent "leakage" onto the hands either as you say, altho I've also got plastic handguards on at the mo.

"Chicken nuggets don't dance on a Tuesday."
cyclobutch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyclobutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 09:47
Probably the least cool and trendy of the bunch - but as a wind shield this gets my vote. Got one on my V50 that has to do a lot of winter miles.

Butch
V50 II - 'The Black Pearl'
T3 - 'Blue'
Eldo Loop - 'Jug'
George S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 22:29
Originally posted by Mike H Mike H wrote:

Originally posted by rapheal rapheal wrote:

I have a breva and I fitted the V7 touring screen, I hated it
wind noise, and if I moved it forward turbulence, plus when it rained all the water was deflected onto my hands
I purchased a PUIG its wind tunnel designed and works very well,

Thought that looked familiar so I checked, yep is exact same as what I got on my Ural - yeah is quite good, keeps the wind pressure off my chest but helmet is up in the "airflow" so no turbulence. No apparent "leakage" onto the hands either as you say, altho I've also got plastic handguards on at the mo.

This screen looks ideal for my 1994 Nevada. had a look on PUIG website not showing for Nevada but sure can make this screen fit. Can you remember model name / number and approximate height above headlight and where purchased. Thanks
George

1994 Nevada
1962 Lightweight ducati Bevel Single
Son's 1990 1000S to borrow any time
Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 12:21
Well it came from F2 MC where I got the Ural from. Optional extra to add on. But universal fitting I'm pretty sure. Fastens to handlebars with two clamps on rods. Height above headlamp is wherever you want to put it, this is a 7 incher I think so about 10mm to make it look like it fits. I found I had to make a small angle bracket to fix it down at the front, stops it bouncing about. HTH(?)

George S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 19:21

Well it came from F2 MC where I got the Ural from. Optional extra to add on. But universal fitting I'm pretty sure. Fastens to handlebars with two clamps on rods. Height above headlamp is wherever you want to put it, this is a 7 incher I think so about 10mm to make it look like it fits. I found I had to make a small angle bracket to fix it down at the front, stops it bouncing about. HTH(?)

Thanks Mike I did not explain very well, I wanted Approx dimension from top of headlamp slot to top of screen.
Would this look like yours.
George

1994 Nevada
Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 21:03
Oh right sorry - and the answer is - 16.5 inches.

Aka 42 cm.

If that eBay one is not actually it, it's a very close match. Dimensions shown are the same. Thumbs Up

George S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 21:47

Oh right sorry - and the answer is - 16.5 inches.

Aka 42 cm.

If that eBay one is not actually it, it's a very close match. Dimensions shown are the same. Thumbs Up

Thanks for info looks like thats the one for me Thumbs Up
George

1994 Nevada
Rennie View Drop Down
Guzzino
Guzzino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rennie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 11:41
Interesting....I'm 6 foot even, wear an HJC helmet.  I use ear plugs and have no issues with buffetting or wind noise.I wonder what causes the differences.
Ride Safe
BobV7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobV7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 19:02
https://guzzistore.com/scheda.php?id=12&x=KIT+SMALL+WINDSHIELD-MOTO+GUZZI&c=2&ord=data+DESC%2C+id+DESC&start=60&da_numero=0&b=cat

Dunno if this is any use but I had this one, took it off once and promptly put it straight back on. Never had a problem with it.
V7 Classic Black and gold was the best. But green & black was nice too. Now blue is in!
Richard Hyatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Hyatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 20:08
This is what I've got on my v7 111
I'm 5ft 8 and it gives me a dead patch of air between my shoulder blades and half way up the visor
For my money it's good for me for sure
Dunders View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 21:21
A friend fitted a Givi A31 screen (with the D45 fitting kit) to his V7ii and raves about it.  So much so that I'm going to try to find enough space on my Breva's bars to fit one myself.

It's a 4 point fitment with plenty of adjustment.

FWIW.
Paul
....lost in the Irish Sea

'72 NF, '73 V7 Sport, '75 T3 (950), '95 Cali 1100i, '05 Breva 750.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dunders/
Dunders View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 21:23
Rapheal,

Which crash bars are those, please?

Thanks!
[/QUOTE]
Paul
....lost in the Irish Sea

'72 NF, '73 V7 Sport, '75 T3 (950), '95 Cali 1100i, '05 Breva 750.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dunders/
Dave P. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 10:40
And for the staunch traditionalist!
[URL= ][/URL][URL=]No???????? OK sorry.

Edited by Dave P. - 25 Feb 2020 at 11:44
TO LIVE OUTSIDE THE LAW YOU MUST BE HONEST.

1971 V7 Special. 1972 850GT.
1970 T120 Bonnie. 2009 500 Bullet.
Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 20:41
Yikes! LOL

BobV7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobV7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 22:54
Must have been travelling at some speed when you hit that cow up the bum!ConfusedPinch
V7 Classic Black and gold was the best. But green & black was nice too. Now blue is in!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic