guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > CARC models
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Griso Luggage

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmaxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Griso Luggage
    Posted: 20 Jan 2015 at 22:40
I've been turning my thoughts to luggage options for my Griso, and came across this nice looking rack.
Looks sturdy, but I'm having trouble getting to grips with the description.
Just wondered if anyone here can figure out the difference between the three racks, particularly 1 & 3, which are both described as stainless.
Interestingly, this company also do Givi pannier mounts for compatible with this rack, meaning my Griso could be a nifty little tourer.
Let me know what you think.
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2015 at 22:45
I can't see any difference between them.
Most people I know use soft luggage (panniers) on their Grisos.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
vmaxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmaxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2015 at 23:39
Originally posted by Brian UK Brian UK wrote:

The rack looks handy as it incorporates pillion grab handles.
It also looks like a decent base for a top box.
Before you recoil in horror, that's only for when I have the Mrs on the back, as she likes a bit of back support.

Zecis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zecis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2015 at 08:30
A mate of mine had a Griso and used the ridiculously small absorbant guzzi panniers - those are to be avoided. PErsonally i am a great fan of the ventura system, or a decent roll bag strapped to the back.

All that said Stuchhi stuff is generally very good.

Adam
Regards Adam
Located near Stonehenge
...A 1200sport (2 valve with stage 1), Daytona RS, and a Centauro GT (the last one is for sale if you are interested)
Tarquin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tarquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2015 at 12:27
Ventura all the way.Thumbs Up

I had ventura on my V11 Le Mans and it is such a good system.

Easy to pick the seperate bits up cheaply on ebay as well once you know the part numbers required for your particular bike as many identical part numbers are used on totally different makes of bike.

In addition, once the main rails are fitted to the bike, the remainder ie rack etc is easily detached when not in use keeping the lines of the bike smooth.

http://www.ventura-bike.co.uk/fitments/Moto%20Guzzi/544-griso_1100.aspx

Edited by Tarquin - 21 Jan 2015 at 12:36
California 111,California 1100i,Suzuki FZ50, Yamaha YB100, NSU Quickly,

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”
vmaxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmaxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2015 at 22:21
Yes I forgot about Ventura.
I did have it on a bike many years ago.
Can't have panniers anyway, because I'm going to get the high level exhaust.
Didn't think about that.
Duh.
Ken-Guzzibear View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken-Guzzibear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2015 at 13:03
Look at www.osmc.co.uk if you go high zorst be well aware Guzzi zorsts run extremely hot and jigh level may look nice (ish) but on a Guzzi ...you would be braver than I my friend tell ya about half a dozen bangs ie ign on fire up ign off and the front pipe is hot enough to take the skin off the back of your hand ...guess how I know ..some of the newer bikes have double skinned front pipes but they are still real hot mate think carefully it is not a Jap 4 .....
The Older i Get, The Better I Was
Zecis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zecis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2015 at 20:03
The headers on the 1200 with the stage 1 kit fitted glow red hot if its left in the dark for more than a minute or so!
Regards Adam
Located near Stonehenge
...A 1200sport (2 valve with stage 1), Daytona RS, and a Centauro GT (the last one is for sale if you are interested)
vmaxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmaxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2015 at 23:20
Originally posted by Zecis Zecis wrote:

The headers on the 1200 with the stage 1 kit fitted glow red hot if its left in the dark for more than a minute or so!

Pardon my ignorance, but what's the stage 1 kit ?
Zecis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zecis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2015 at 10:41
There was a performance kit for the 1200 2v 
it removed the airbox, added bell mouth intakes, a new ECU and high level Lafraconi twin pipes.

It allows the engine to breathe and improves mid range power delivery no end - a slight negative is if used carelessly it can create quite a lot of noise Nuke.
Having come to this bike from a VFR, I was after a year or so of owning it seriously considering getting rid, adding that kit means it is still in the garage and very much the main bike, now with over 40000 miles on the clock.

Adam
Regards Adam
Located near Stonehenge
Blue View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2015 at 16:21
Originally posted by vmaxer vmaxer wrote:

Originally posted by Brian UK Brian UK wrote:

The rack looks handy as it incorporates pillion grab handles.
It also looks like a decent base for a top box.
Before you recoil in horror, that's only for when I have the Mrs on the back, as she likes a bit of back support.

The older Stucchi stuff gets mixed reviews on quality, but this looks pretty good and as you say having the pillion handles there is a bonus [ even if for just helping to move the Griso around ].

I am in the same position as you in that my other half likes to go on the back and was used to a topbox with a built in back rest. I already have a tail rack on mine with the Griso small rear tail bag fiited, but reckon I could get my universal Givi base plate to fit the rack and therefore get my 55 litre Givi Maxia on the back - Then we can get where we are going and hide the top box in the B&B!!!

Be interested to see what you think of that rack if you buy it.

Cheers, Ian.

Edited by Blue - 28 Jan 2015 at 16:22
It's all Spaghetti.
vmaxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmaxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 22:11
Originally posted by Blue Blue wrote:

The older Stucchi stuff gets mixed reviews on quality, but this looks pretty good and as you say having the pillion handles there is a bonus [ even if for just helping to move the Griso around ].

I am in the same position as you in that my other half likes to go on the back and was used to a topbox with a built in back rest. I already have a tail rack on mine with the Griso small rear tail bag fiited, but reckon I could get my universal Givi base plate to fit the rack and therefore get my 55 litre Givi Maxia on the back - Then we can get where we are going and hide the top box in the B&B!!!

Be interested to see what you think of that rack if you buy it.

Cheers, Ian.

I ordered the Stucchi rack today.
To go with it, I ordered their own bag supports, that fit the rack, and are designed to take the Guzzi panniers, meaning you can dispense with the side frames that come with those panniers.
Actually, I just bought a set of bags, called "Techno"
They are identical to the Guzzi bags and use the same frame, mounting system.
There is no difference, other than the shape of the bags, that are supposed to be a better fit for the Termignoni pipe.
I just assumed they would fit with the OE silencer, but they don't.
It touches the top of the pipe.
Doh.
Anyway no worries as the Termig is at the top of my wish list.
I'll post up some decent pics of the rack etc when it arrives.
Jon.B View Drop Down
Guzzino
Guzzino

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon.B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 12:36
First post so "Hello Everyone!"

I fitted the Stucchi rack  last summer, easy enough job.  It's described as being stainless steel on their website but as it's powder coated silver I can't verify that.  Looks ok (to me) though and the built in grab handles are very useful.

Photo should hopefully appear below....

Jon

North Derbyshire
Griso 1100
vmaxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmaxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2015 at 22:26
Originally posted by Jon.B Jon.B wrote:

First post so "Hello Everyone!"
I fitted the Stucchi rack  last summer, easy enough job.  It's described as being stainless steel on their website but as it's powder coated silver I can't verify that.  Looks ok (to me) though and the built in grab handles are very useful.
Photo should hopefully appear below....
Jon

Hi Jon
It's a nice piece of kit isn't it.
Glad you found it easy.
You may have read about the fiasco I had, which was 100%  my fault.
The rack is definitely all stainless.
Mine is slightly different to yours.
The side pieces are powder coated black.
I'll post a pic tomorrow.
I ordered the pannier brackets for mine, which take the Guzzi panniers.
Important if you have these, as the rack won't allow fitment of the Guzzi frames.
jonnymac View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonnymac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 11:39
Originally posted by vmaxer vmaxer wrote:

I ordered the Stucchi rack today.
To go with it, I ordered their own bag supports, that fit the rack, and are designed to take the Guzzi panniers, meaning you can dispense with the side frames that come with those panniers.
Actually, I just bought a set of bags, called "Techno"
They are identical to the Guzzi bags and use the same frame, mounting system.
There is no difference, other than the shape of the bags, that are supposed to be a better fit for the Termignoni pipe.
I just assumed they would fit with the OE silencer, but they don't.
It touches the top of the pipe.
Doh.
Anyway no worries as the Termig is at the top of my wish list.
I'll post up some decent pics of the rack etc when it arrives.

I know this is an old thread, but do you have any pictures of this? I can't seem to find any anywhere
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic