guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Small Blocks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Matt yellow tank starting to shine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2017 at 23:46
I had a 2017 Kawasaki Z650, before I got my V7 III Special. I didn't like the matt white color, so I got out the orbital polisher and Meguiar's Ultimate Compound, and it polished up nicely and shined brilliantly!  Finish with lots of wax.
oldlegs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldlegs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 22:58
I've given the tank the Tcut and AutoGlim treatment a couple more times since my last post and I am happy with it now, thanks Steve.
Current: Beta Motard M4. Beta Motard tourer. Beta Super Motard. Beta Alp.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2017 at 21:41
I'd like to see some posts of these matte colors after shining up.
Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 18:04
Back to the original question, is there perhaps a matt lacquer? As a fix I mean.

"Chicken nuggets don't dance on a Tuesday."
Alan Sbj View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Sbj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 16:58
There are a number of Matt clear lacquers on the market, all paint distributors will carry one.
Just remember, if you are doing it your self you will have to achieve a “ gun” finish as you can’t polish any dirt nibs out, it just glosses up the lacquer.
This is the main reason they only lasted a year or two on top end German cars and disappeared.
Alan.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic