guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Small Blocks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Annoying ratle on V7 front end!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Wildhenry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildhenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Annoying ratle on V7 front end!
    Posted: 26 Dec 2017 at 16:08
Hey Happsy,
Thanks for your ideas on the problem but it was sorted out sometime ago.
Problem: rattling floating disc... solution: replace the worn bobbins.
Result :.....No more rattles!

Happy riding for 2018!
Wildhenry.
Bright moments
happsy View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2017 at 15:57
It could be cavitation of the oil in the forks, if it is just being heard at high loads there may be a shortage of oil in the forks. If it is cavitation then it could also be bad quality valve discs in the fork pistons. 
I am a chassis engineer for a major OEM car maker and have had this issue with brand new vehicles, turned out the sub supplier to suspension supplier had let their quality control slip.
happsy, Moto Guzzi V7II Special.
              Solex 3800 x 2
Wildhenry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildhenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 17:26
That's OK johnno......seeing red is better than seeing nothing!

All the best.
Bright moments
johnno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 15:40
Originally posted by Wildhenry Wildhenry wrote:

My apologies to all those folk I seem to have offended!
I do appreciate it's difficult to diagnose a problem without looking at the bike and obviously some will get it wrong, so once again my apologies and thank you for all your help.

Wildhenry.
sorry for using the word Dick which was wrong of me but I just saw red on reading post .
1100 sport corsa , Yam R1, guzzi 650tt rider
Wildhenry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildhenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 12:59
My apologies to all those folk I seem to have offended!
I do appreciate it's difficult to diagnose a problem without looking at the bike and obviously some will get it wrong, so once again my apologies and thank you for all your help.

Wildhenry.
Bright moments
Dave P. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 15:25
Hear hear . If you don't want answers even well intentioned ones that aren't correct,don't ask questions.
TO LIVE OUTSIDE THE LAW YOU MUST BE HONEST.

1971 V7 Special. 1972 850GT.
1970 T120 Bonnie. 2009 500 Bullet.
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 09:30
It is always very difficult to diagnose problems at a distance when the only information is the written word.
All the various responses given were done with the best intentions and invariably some will not be the right answer. But please don't knock those who tried to help.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
Adam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 06:43
I knew what was causing the problem but decided not to tell you in case I was wrong.
Wildhenry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildhenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 21:45
Hey back off dude...there is no need to get aggressive with your 'Dick talk'
Apologies if you have been mortally wounded by my comments ...I reckon it says more about you than it does about me!
Forums are really useful and I really do appreciate the help but sometimes some people don't know what the hell they are talkin' about!
Best wishes and a safe ride!
W.  
Bright moments
johnno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 20:14
Without checking a bike yourself it's guess work and folk give ideas to try and help you , personally I won't give any help to dicks again
1100 sport corsa , Yam R1, guzzi 650tt rider
Andyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 19:53
Well, is it really a problem?
As I said in earlier posts, the front disc on my R100R BMW rattles, and probably always will. Annoying, but I can live with it......but I don’t think it means there is a safety issue? Yet.

Like you, it is frustrating to read posts from peope who know all the answers but unfortunately their answers are wrong......just a forum thing I guess,
Andyb

Edited by Andyb - 28 Sep 2017 at 19:57
Wildhenry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildhenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 13:21
Hi all,
It's not a Guzzi quality control issue ....it's Brembo!
Ducati, BMW, Moto Guzzi and all other manufacturers that use Brembo all have the 'rattle disc' problem.
According to my local mechanic this is a very common problem with Brembo brake discs.
How come it's taken me all this time to locate what it was?  
All the incorrect information/ideas on this forum didn't help! (ie: worn head race bearings ect ect)
Anyway I'm pleased to say that all is now well and I hope this post will quickly solve the problem for others who might have it.
Cheers,
Wildhenry. 
Bright moments
motopete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motopete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 19:15
Intit funny - mine stopped rattling from the moment I started reading your post Wildhenry!

At least I know the answer if/when it starts again Thumbs Up.
Mike H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 13:06
Very interesting. And congrats
"Chicken nuggets don't dance on a Tuesday."
Brian UK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 09:02
Hopefully this will help others with this problem. Does make you wonder about the Guzzi quality control though.
Brian.

Better 5 minutes late in this world than years early in the next.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic