guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Small Blocks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

V7 centre stand removal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: V7 centre stand removal
    Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 15:36
Hi can anyone help?
I have removed my centre stand from my 2013 V7 as it interferes with my new aftermarket silencers, what I need to know, if no centre stand fitted do I need to source a cross member to replace the centre stand so to give side stand support. Any help would really be appreciated.

Mick
BobV7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobV7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 19:10
Can't help you with that but I am interested to know which silencers you're fitting that need the centre stand to be removed. Haven't seen that before.
V7 Classic Black and gold was the best. But green & black was nice too. Now blue is in!
Roey View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 20:04
I fitted these MOTO GUZZI V7 2013 XX 2 SLIP ON MIVV EXHAUST GHIBLI BLACK STAINLESS about 2 weeks ago, they are fantastic by the way 😀
Trouble is, the centre stand is not compatible and strikes the underside of the left hand one. I actually prefer the look of the bike without centre stand.
Could really do with someone who hasn't got a centre stand fitted to see whether there is a brace/ cross member fitted where the centre stand fits.

Mick
WillW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WillW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 22:22

Yes, without the centre stand, there should be a cross member.  

Edited by WillW - 26 Apr 2017 at 22:25
it's about the ride
Roey View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 09:14
Ah, thanks Wills, is that one for sale?

Mick
WillW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WillW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 09:50
Probably not Mick, sorry. I've only had the bike two weeks and I don't yet know what lies ahead in terms of possible mods. 
If you don't have any luck finding one, I should think an engineering shop could make one for you, it's a pretty simple piece.
I'm heading off on a trip tomorrow for three weeks, but could do some detailed measurements when I return, if you have no luck elsewhere. Contact me after May 15th (assuming I make it back - I'm off to Beijing on the Trans-Siberian. Looking a bit hairy in that part of the globe currently.... Disapprove  )
it's about the ride
Andrew_C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew_C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 11:12
I don't suppose the Breva 750 and V7 have the same stands and cross pieces?  I could foresee a deal if they are!
Roey View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Roey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 11:15
No worries, I'm hoping to do an exchange with the guy that's bought my stand.
Have a good trip.
Mick
Roey View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 11:16
Not sure if they are the same
Leofric View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leofric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 14:56
I had to remove the original cross member to fit hepco and becker centre stand to my 2015 v7 2 special.(bracket of h b stand replaces original cross member)The cross member is a long hollow tube that has a long bolt that fits inside from one side to the other ,so you will need to refit a cross member with a long bolt and nylok nut and washer if you remove your centre stand.
regards
Roey View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 15:43
Thank you
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic