guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Introduction > Rogues Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The ones that got away.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeilD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 20:19
I think you should resurrect the 'tasche :)
Glawster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glawster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 20:40
My wife made me shave it off after it turned out Freddie Mercury (who she loved) was Gay..
1970 Guzzi V7 Ambassador
1955 Guzzi Falcone Sport
2021 BMW R1250R
1998 Cagiva Gran Canyon
red leader one View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red leader one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 20:51
BondEquipe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BondEquipe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 08:58
Originally posted by red leader one red leader one wrote:

He wasn't was he?
https://www.bing.com/search?q=i+want+to+break+free+video&pc=MOZI&form=MOZTSB

There's me thinking he was just championing women's rights!

As an aside that reminds me of going to see them in Hannover in '84 (in my Beetle, not on my Katana 1000 - which brings us back to the thread topic!) and getting there early so we could get to the front. All well & good except I was pinned in next to this enormous sweaty German who spent half the show shouting, "Freddie, Freddie, I love you"  .  .  . 
Stephen
Black & Gold LM2
+ Other Bikes & Projects!
Safety Chris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Safety Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 09:46
Very unloved by the majority, but my ever reliable steed, a 1980 CX500. First bike I ever bought new for £1,250. Had it for seven years and 55,000 miles. Took me to work through a couple of hard winters. This was a 13 mile journey where upon arriving, I would get out the workshop Landrover when the snow and ice was really bad to collect the girls that worked in the office and who lived less than half a mile away but who couldn't possibly drive or walk in such terrible conditions! Also toured 2 up around the north of Scotland with my then girlfriend plus camping gear etc. Who said 50 bhp isn't enough? And yes, I also had a tasche at the time (but a girlfriend too). It was the black colour registration number GOP 506W and if I could buy it back today, I would sell the wife and kids to pay for it.

italianmotor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote italianmotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 10:18
DVLA says your CX was last taxed before August 1993 so is either sitting raround in a shed, or sadly no longer exists. I despatched for a while in the late '80s on a CX 500 custom, great bike.
Guzzi lover doing my own thing: http://www.italianmotormagazine.com
Safety Chris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Safety Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 10:42
Probably just as well, I am quite fond of the wife and kids really and the rose tinted specs would probably wear off quickly.
helmetbolt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helmetbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2017 at 11:04
My 1976 Laverda 750 SFC rep. Beautiful bike, but I needed a week in traction after every ride. If I could have afforded it I would have kept it just to look at. I sold it to an enthusiast who fitted it better.

Reason being I was to tall for it, as you can see from my picture below. I would also like to add my 92 evo springer I built in our dining room.

With different pipes.

Sold to buy a Glide.......
magwa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2017 at 13:36
Having owned/ridden / restored 200plus bikes in my 61yrs, bikes I should have kept are a long long list. I need to sit and find the pics. 1926 Raliegh 2 1/4bhp, 1930 500cc Cotton/blackburn TT racer, 1937 BSA Empire Star, matchless 500cc &350cc ( several) , Norton commando, enfield cafe racer, hondavfr800, honda Africa Twin Rdo4, Rd07, Rd07a,. It all started when I was 17yrs with a £5 raleigh RM6, then a Garelli Tiger cross 50cc.
Bsa bantam. .........and on and on and on
Magwa
2002 Triumph Sprint ST

1986 Morgan 4/4
1968 mobylette
theoneandonly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theoneandonly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 11:43
my RG500 , that i sold .... to pay for the Jota . 
https://www.facebook.com/BaldricksWorkshop
http://baldricksworkshop.co.uk/

motorcycle slut, if it has wheels and an engine , i will ride it .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic