guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Big Block Tonti
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Will an early fuel tank fit?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote professorjung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 21:12
yep been there done that, T3/convert tank will fit on a newer tonti, as long as you remove the airbox. Got one on my Cali vintage.

Dave P. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 21:32
Pictures, perchance ??
TO LIVE OUTSIDE THE LAW YOU MUST BE HONEST.

1971 V7 Special. 1972 850GT.
1970 T120 Bonnie. 2009 500 Bullet.
Tarquin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tarquin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 21:39
Originally posted by Dave P. Dave P. wrote:

Pictures, perchance ??

+1 on the pictures Dave.

Pictures would be very very helpful.Thumbs Up
California 111,California 1100i,Suzuki FZ50, Yamaha YB100, NSU Quickly,

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”
professorjung View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote professorjung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 12:46
sorry guys, the only camera I have has film inside it. Next time I have a roll to finish up I'll snap some, but then I develop myself in my friends dark room and he's currently in Chile, so it won't be instant!

Thinking about it, you could fit the air box minus the lid. But the noise is very very very LOUD in a very annoying way especially on long rides.

If you're losing the airbox it really is not a problem. You fix it to the frame with two bolts and spacers at the front and then I strapped mine down at the back, but a tab could be welded on to fix the tank down at the back easily enough if you wanted to go the whole hog.

hope that helps.

Barry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 12:58
Originally posted by professorjung professorjung wrote:

sorry guys, the only camera I have has film inside it.

We'll give you the map reference for an active webcam, so that you can park in front of it.

Stand by!    (o;
professorjung View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote professorjung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 18:18
ha. nice idea!

Or I could ride down a bus lane in London, the council send you the footage about 2 weeks later, pretty pricey though for what you get.
jmee54 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmee54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 19:39
How about buying a digital camera, they're cheap now? Or maybe your phone? you can click away for free then. I used to love working in the darkroom and taught photography, but I couldn't be without a digital camera now. Everyone's a photographer now!
italianmotor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote italianmotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 20:02
I used to love developing film and printing in my bedroom as a teenager with donated kit and my grandad's old camera - it's a magical process. Still got my enlarger in the hope I might set it up again one day - but yes, digital is so much easier.
Guzzi lover doing my own thing: http://www.italianmotormagazine.com
red leader one View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red leader one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 21:04
I've still got one of these

http://n.stuccu.co.uk/s/Zorki%204K
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic