guzziriders.org - moto guzzi forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Introduction > Rogues Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Please show me your

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 20>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2017 at 19:57
Footboards are just great big fat footrests that allow one to shuffle their feet about, just that bit more throughout the journey.
theone&onlymin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theone&onlymin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2017 at 20:19
In ways I'm with Ken on this one.
Original G5 pegs (only G5 issue along with a 14inch gear lever) and bars are the most comfortable way to go.
I like the boards and Cali bars although I may try the boards with standard bars as it had been a while.
Boards make you lift your feet to change gear and use the foot brake. Although I ride a lot with my foot on the wee rest that pokes out attached to the lever.(avoided saying knob so I did)
Cheers
Min

V7Chris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote V7Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2017 at 20:45
Originally posted by theone&onlymin theone&onlymin wrote:

Boards make you lift your feet to change gear and use the foot brake.

Yes, that is what puts me off! Strange thing is, when I was doing a lot of commuting in my suit and had a Suzuki Burgman, never gave it a second thought. There again, you didn't need to use your feet except when stopped on that as all braking was done ala pushbike and there were no gears. Brilliant commuter that Burgman 400. Surprised a few car drivers it did. No Character mind, just did exactly what it was supposed to.
theone&onlymin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theone&onlymin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2017 at 20:59
It's no big deal. I've commuted for 18 years on it. Currently from North to South London straight through the middle. 128 sets of lights between my house and Croydon. Yes I counted them !
Cheers
Min

V7Chris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote V7Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2017 at 21:18
Originally posted by theone&onlymin theone&onlymin wrote:

It's no big deal. I've commuted for 18 years on it. Currently from North to South London straight through the middle. 128 sets of lights between my house and Croydon. Yes I counted them !
Cheers
Min

Hmmm, still not convinced -not sure that 18 years is long enough to form an honest opinion!
iceni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iceni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2017 at 07:46
Rehashing history, I bought a gorgeous Cali but sold it because I couldn't get used to having both feet in the air at the same time. I actually made a longer stubby to act as a footrest for the rear brake, but that wasn't a success. Then I got the idea of converting it to footpegs, bought a set of lower rails from Pete and set about it, but half way through, I stopped to consider what I was doing - namely spoiling a beautiful beast. So I put it back as it was. Set of lowers with the board mounts cut off anyone?
I STILL lust after a Cali even now.
BondEquipe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BondEquipe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2017 at 14:24
Originally posted by iceni iceni wrote:

Rehashing history, I bought a gorgeous Cali but sold it because I couldn't get used to having both feet in the air at the same time.  

Exactly what happened to me. Could never use the controls with my feet on the boards. Even more disconcerting for those around me at Mallory on the Festival of 1000 Bikes as I'm barreling into the hairpin in a false neutral with both feet flapping wildly. I'm sure you get used to it but not for me.

I also found the boards so far forward that all my weight was on the base of my spine. I was actually less able to move about for comfort than with pegs. 
Stephen
Black & Gold LM2
+ Other Bikes & Projects!
Kris 78 View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kris 78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 20:58
Thought id add my V9 seeing as there's none in here yet. Added Mivv exhausts and bar end mirrors so far.
V9 Bobber
Kris 78 View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kris 78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 21:54

V9 Bobber
johnno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 22:33
Kris cool name ,cool bike
1100 sport corsa , Yam R1, guzzi 650tt rider
Kris 78 View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kris 78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 23:16
Lol thanks, the bike is way cooler than me Wink LOL
V9 Bobber
magwa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 19:05
Since the demise of photobucket. ....
here's a reminder of my 2008 1200 2v sport

Edited by magwa - 24 Sep 2017 at 19:34
Magwa
2002 Triumph Sprint ST

1986 Morgan 4/4
1968 mobylette
Barry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 19:22
You don't seem to have your skin tight lycra or leathers on. Surely you have his and hers outfits?

magwa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 21:33
My 60 plus yrs don't suit lycra
My wife however isn't too bad for a grandmother some five yrs plus younger than me

Edited by magwa - 24 Sep 2017 at 19:36
Magwa
2002 Triumph Sprint ST

1986 Morgan 4/4
1968 mobylette
Ricktify View Drop Down
Falcone
Falcone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricktify Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 00:20
Originally posted by magwa magwa wrote:

Since the demise of photobucket. ....
here's a reminder of my 2008 1200 2v sport

Same here, My replacement photo for my 2016 Griso, no thanks to Photobucket.

2016 Guzzi Griso 1200 SE
2013 Triumph Trophy 1200 SE
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 20>
  Share Topic